Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I got hit by a hit about a month ago or so and got my motor back together. And got the motor back in the bike plugged everything in and nothing but I blown ecu fuse. I replaced the fuse and turn the key and fuse blew again. So idk what to do I pulled my harness back out of the bike to inspect for any damaged wires bc during the crash the harness go pretty banged up I soldered the wires back together so I am inspecting again any help or anything would be appreciated. Also sorry if this is hard to read or understand not good at telling stories lol

·
Registered
6,028 Posts
Sounds like something might be grounding out. all you can do is retrace wiring

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
oki picked up a new harness well used but perfect condition came to my house today put it in and the ecu fuse is still blowing and im getting no power at all. so ive ruled harnees problems out. everything is grounded atleast the ground going to the engine and ground going to the frame. i beleve that this is all? could a blown ecu do this? and why no power my battery is good. and i dont believe it could be my ignition causing no power because it is blowing the ecu fuse when turn key on. or it could be idk? i do have and extra ignition sitting around to try though but is from a 98 cbr 900 that has 3 wires i think compared to my 6-8-10 ehatever is it. any help is much appreciated bikes been down to long starting withdraw lol

·
Registered
2,867 Posts
Look at high load devices on that circuit and see if any are faulty. I believe your fuel pump is on that circuit.... I'd start there.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I figured mine out, one of the plugs was plugged in wrong, and my clutch basket was not seated all the way in. Result was starter spinning but crank could not spin freely.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts