Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
451 Posts
I think this year end sale's been going the last couple months. The only issue is even $500 pays for a lot of tire changes if you only have bike tires to do and have a good shop to do them.

Still, I pulled the trigger a month ago. Went with a trailer hitch mount so I wouldn't have to take up room in the garage with a permanent install.

·
Registered
438 Posts
One of you guys to do a "how to" with that tire changer..... Might just convince me to get one myself:wink:
just go to nomartirechanger.com plenty of videos on there. But there are better deals than the nomar for tire changers with the same level of quality.

·
Registered
6,087 Posts
It just isn't worth it to me...I can drop my bike off and the guys charge me $60 no matter where I got the tires....I don't have to fawk with removing the wheels or anything and pick it up after lunch...

·
Registered
438 Posts
Even nomar makes a cheaper model to compete- cyclehill.
thats what i was referring to, sure it's bolted together and a little different design. But its cheaper, $340 shipped and it's more compact.

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
Thats fair, and completely understandable, but when your rocking BST's or PVM's or other exotic wheels like many on this forum do, Im not just dropping it off to "the guys". Rather do myself.
Exactly why I decided to buy the cheaper CycleHill changer... I'd rather do it myself. You want it done right, do it yourself.

My local bikeshop which mounts tires (on rims only) if you buy from them, ended up prying too hard and bending a spot on my 10R's front rim. My rims were pretty much mint before that...

I only noticed the bend while spinning the front while on the front-end stand and cleaning the rims after application of the rim-tape. I see the warp and start freaking out wondering where and when! Then I realize, it could have only been my local shop. No one else has touched them.

I go back and bring it up, and the manger/owner just denied everything. Douch.

Do it yourself.

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
I swap my tires using a normal tire machine. Does a damn fine job and is alot easier than using a No-Mar. Not to mention I can balance my tires by hand or using the computer balancer.

·
Registered
451 Posts
Thats fair, and completely understandable, but when your rocking BST's or PVM's or other exotic wheels like many on this forum do, Im not just dropping it off to "the guys". Rather do myself.
:crackup:
I had trouble sleeping that night when I dropped my mag wheels to have new tires mounted at a trusted Ducati store.
I've watched him mount tires on wheels costing twice mine but I still was wondering, what if...

·
Custom Powder Coater
6,560 Posts
Trust me guys you dont want that cycle hill tire changer its a piece of shit Seen it in person at the NoMar booth.. Its slightly better than the harbor Frieght version... Trust me dont waste your $300 on it...

·
Registered
165 Posts
My neighbor and I purchased a NoMar Pro model three years ago at the end of the year when free shipping was being offered. Great quality and great after purchase service. Between my friend, his brother- in-law, and me we've got over 30 bikes to change tires on. Factor in very abrasive chip-n-seal roads and 120 mile round trip to the closest shop for tire changes this unit has paid for itself already. Plus the side benefit of not facing prison time after some 19 year old pimple farm has gouged our rims....

·
Registered
438 Posts
Trust me guys you dont want that cycle hill tire changer its a piece of shit Seen it in person at the NoMar booth.. Its slightly better than the harbor Frieght version... Trust me dont waste your $300 on it...
Elaborate, how is it junk compared to the nomar? You saw it in person and that's what your basing it being a "piece of shit" off of? Or did you actually use it and the nomar and are comparing the performance of the two? How is the cycle hill not a quality piece, they use the exact same gauge steel in their construction, one is bolted the other is welded? The link I posted on the first page reviewed both, and actually picked the cyclehill over the nomar.:dontknow:

·
Registered
332 Posts
No Mar Tire Changers on Sale Cheap

It just isn't worth it to me...I can drop my bike off and the guys charge me $60 no matter where I got the tires....I don't have to fawk with removing the wheels or anything and pick it up after lunch...

"Older Guy" since you work with & use OPM there is no need for you to try & save any $ on tire changer , easy come easy go....:headshake

:+2: on No Mar ..I have been saving for a long time to get the No Mar Tire Changer & now just finally got one :thumbsup: along with the balancer .....

IMHO it's a total "rip off" to pay some-guy at a bike shop to butcher up my wheels

& even at a cost of 60.00 per set for labor after 8 sets of tires or roughly 4 months of riding the no mar saves $ and does not booger up your wheels & it's always nice to mount & balance the wheels yourself = great piece of mind & saves time and money !

·
Registered
794 Posts
You can get that same service for $50.00 after all the shops close if you cant make it happen during normal buisness hrs. :mrgreen:
Deals on New tires as well..

Its in Corona.

http://afterhourstireservice.com/default.aspx

·
Chairman of the Board
16,093 Posts
Can I just pay you to change my tires? Seriously, I dont blame you with those rims. I wouldnt trust ANY one with those bad boys.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Apparently "TheTurd" doesn't think the Cyclehill is a piece of "shit". Oh the Irony of it! :lol:
Obviously your in the same boat as 06blackpearl, no point in trying to talk to some one that's lacking logic. But what do you expect out of a person rocking rims that cost 30% of the value of their vehicle. Obviously only the best of the best will do for you, no need to explain that. It's your money and your life, just kinda reminds me....

Attachments

1 - 20 of 28 Posts