Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys

Got a 09 ZX10R Since today the bike neutral light is on constant and the digital gear display will not work

I have tried cleaning the sensor but still the same.

I have noticed if you have the bike running in 1st gear and place the side stand down the neutral goes and the 1st gear displays ( bike cuts out as it should )

Put the bike on a paddock stand and with the side stand down and the engine off the gear indicator works and no neutral light

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
14,969 Posts
Howdy.

It's likely 1 of 3 issues that are going on. The gear position switch is bad, the wiring connecting the gear position switch is faulty, or the instrument cluster is bad.

The neutral position is kind of the key here. If the neutral position is detected, then that's what it will show and the others are ignored. It's basically an AND gate.
Example 1: Gear 1 selected AND not in neutral, then show "1"
Example 2: Neutral selected, show " " and illuminate N light and ignore other selection.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok Thanks

Odd one the sensor does work as with the side stand down it shows all the gears and no neutrual is shown

Tried cleaning it made no difference akward one don't want to but buy parts if it wont fix it

Nothing but grief with the bike since i have had it

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok Thanks

Odd one the sensor does work as with the side stand down it shows all the gears and no neutrual is shown

Tried cleaning it made no difference akward one don't want to but buy parts if it wont fix it

Nothing but grief with the bike since i have had it

1 - 4 of 4 Posts