Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, do any of you know if the gen 3 "09" has a recall on the master cylinder? Theres nothing on the first grip then it has pressure. I tried bleeding them but to be honest it feels worse now. A friend said there might be a recall on the master cylinder. Anyone heard of this?
Cheers

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No suddenly theres nothing there on the first pull. Then theres slightly something there

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
Change the master, must be old since gen3 is 9 years old... get a newer one in ebay from a gen4 or gen5 and test...

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
13,806 Posts
No recall, there never has been. The Tokico master is pretty good as OEM parts go. Sounds like age has taken it's toll on yours and it's time for a rebuild. The pressure is not being retained because of the seals is failing. You can rebuild the one you have or replace the entire thing with a new or good used one. You should do that before you try riding it again though!

·
Registered
80 Posts
Hey guys, do any of you know if the gen 3 "09" has a recall on the master cylinder? Theres nothing on the first grip then it has pressure. I tried bleeding them but to be honest it feels worse now. A friend said there might be a recall on the master cylinder. Anyone heard of this?
Cheers
Find the fault first before you go window shopping. You might just come across the problem again.

What colour the brake fluid (clear like water or dark brown? When was the last time the brakes were bleed? Water or air build up.

Any leak's from master cylinder to brake caliper i.e brake line Inc resivour.

Hopefully Banjo bolts are secure and plenty life on pads and disk.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Find the fault first before you go window shopping. You might just come across the problem again.

What colour the brake fluid (clear like water or dark brown? When was the last time the brakes were bleed? Water or air build up.

Any leak's from master cylinder to brake caliper i.e brake line Inc resivour.

Hopefully Banjo bolts are secure and plenty life on pads and disk.
Typo When was the last time the brakes were bleed? Water or air build up.

·
Registered
2018 ZX10R SE
633 Posts
was gonna ask about the possibility of fluid being saturated with moisture, it happens over time which is why you are supposed to periodically change you fluid, i use the motul rbf600 i believe, works great and has an extremely high boiling point. anyhow brake fluid is hydrophobic so it attracts water and will eventually become a problem although i was under the impression that it was only an issue if it caused corrosion or if under high load the water vaporized to steam which is no good

1 - 10 of 10 Posts