Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
14,629 Posts
And I think you'll soon see the OEMs pull out of the US because of this. :headshake

·
La Flama Blanca
7,730 Posts
I am to the point where I really don
t care anymore, way too much jumping around, back and forth, WSBK and Moto GP are more than entertaining and competitive enough for me.

·
Registered
582 Posts
Roger is a prick .... I think they should just let the manufactures do what they want ... That is how we get things to trickle down to the street ... More tech. comes from the ability for them to come up with and use it. The AMA has been going downhill the past couple of years IMHO anyways!

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
Can anyone get the paper trail done in only two weeks with a corporation?

·
Registered
429 Posts
i will wait and see what happens in 09 they keep changing back and from too much for me to think its true, will see first race of 09

·
Accountant in training.
2,847 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Roger is a prick .... I think they should just let the manufactures do what they want ... That is how we get things to trickle down to the street ... More tech. comes from the ability for them to come up with and use it. The AMA has been going downhill the past couple of years IMHO anyways!

I agree. But if you've been following this, Roger (DMG) has backed down and given the factories everything they've wanted. And everytime the factories (Suzuki and Honda) get what they want, they change what they want. :rant:

First it was a 1000cc class. Done.

Ok, now we want the 2009 Superbike rules that we agreed on already. Done.

Well now we want FIM WSBK rules, but with no spec tires or fuel. Ok, done.

Now they want to stay with the current 2008 rules.

I mean WTF!!

I'll try to post links for all those demands and agreements. Otherwise you can look around for yourself at www.roadracingworld.com It is all there, you just might need to go back a few weeks or months in the 'breaking news' section.

I was pretty excited myself when they were going to do the FIM WSBK rules without the spec tires and without the spec fuel. But then Honda and Suzuki come along... :BangHead: :rant:

Chris

·
Accountant in training.
2,847 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I am to the point where I really don
t care anymore, way too much jumping around, back and forth, WSBK and Moto GP are more than entertaining and competitive enough for me.
:+1:

Kind of reminds me of the whole Favre situation. I'm retired. No I want to play. No I made the right decision, I am retired. No, I want to play again... :rolleyes:

Chris

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
I agree. But if you've been following this, Roger (DMG) has backed down and given the factories everything they've wanted. And everytime the factories (Suzuki and Honda) get what they want, they change what they want. :rant:

First it was a 1000cc class. Done.

Ok, now we want the 2009 Superbike rules that we agreed on already. Done.

Well now we want FIM WSBK rules, but with no spec tires or fuel. Ok, done.

Now they want to stay with the current 2008 rules.

I mean WTF!!

I'll try to post links for all those demands and agreements. Otherwise you can look around for yourself at www.roadracingworld.com It is all there, you just might need to go back a few weeks or months in the 'breaking news' section.

I was pretty excited myself when they were going to do the FIM WSBK rules without the spec tires and without the spec fuel. But then Honda and Suzuki come along... :BangHead: :rant:

Chris
:+1: F##king honda, they don't know what they're doing.

·
Registered
10,362 Posts
wow. a new soap opera just for riders. " as the wheels don't turn". Starring AMA. I wonder if speed channel is going to pick this show up.

·
Accountant in training.
2,847 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I say just the hell with restrictions, lets see just what the engineers can do.
:rolleyes: Ummm. There is already MotoGP. And where is the money gong to come from to run a "no restrictions" class in the AMA? The AMA already has a hard time fielding 10 or 11 Superbikes, and has to fill the grid with Superstock spec bikes. $300k -$500k Superbikes with restrictions could easily turn into $1M+ bikes (like MotoGP) with no restrictions. What AMA teams would be willing and able to spend that kind of coin on a no restrictions bike? Just asking.

And other than the Yoshimura Suzuki squad, none of the other teams seem to be ponying up the resources to run a top notch team/bike/rider combination. Though that seems to be changing with Kawaski and Hacking on the ZX-10R. :helmet:

Chris

·
OMG Look at that squid!!
2,595 Posts
Quoted from the article...

"Edmondson says he emailed the four Japanese manufacturers two weeks ago, asking them to commit by today (Friday, August 15, 2008) to the Factory Superbike class, which was based on World Superbike rules.

The idea of that class, announced in response to the Japanese manufacturers’ demand for a class that more closely resembled World Superbike rules, was to create a place where the factories could run their WSB bikes, on whatever tires they wanted, with no restrictions on testing.

So why did they choose to opt out? Fuggin retarded if you ask me. AMA has been due for a change and this is what it needed.

·
Accountant in training.
2,847 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
So why did they choose to opt out? Fuggin retarded if you ask me. AMA has been due for a change and this is what it needed.
Excellent question. :dontknow: It seems like they got what they wanted. And then they didn't want it anymore.... :rolleyes:

I can see why Yoshimura Suzuki wouldn't want change. They are dominating AMA Superbike. The rest of the teams. :dontknow: Yamaha is struggling. Honda is struggling. Kawi and Hacking are starting to make progress. Maybe they all want to try to beat Yosh Suzuki with the current rules. Seems like :BangHead: to me.

I do think the modified WSBK rules (w/ no spec fuel and tires, and no testing limits) make good sense for the factories in Japan, and Ducati. They'd only have to make 1 spec of race bike for both the AMA and WSBK championships. That should save them some $$ from not having to R&D a different bike for each series.

Chris

·
Registered
55 Posts
They chose to opt out because the rules weren't as advertised. Yes, they were close to WSBK/FIM rules, but they weren't exact copies. And the slight deviations Edmonsen and friends made were enough for them to say no.

This whole mess started off on the wrong foot with Edmondson's attitude, and of course the factories have their own egos so to speak. It was doomed from the beginning.

What I want to know is: How did the asshat that ran AMA racing into the ground the first time around and was FORCIBLY REMOVED from power, end up being allowed to "buy" the AMA racing series years later?

Things that make you go hmmmmm.....

·
Registered
609 Posts
So AMA racing will now pretty much be a bad version of the current supersport and superstock classes. Renaming these classes to "Superbikes" is a complete insult to anyone with a basic understanding of the current classes.

Who will watch or care anything about this third rate garbage?

Hopefully someone else will create a competing org with real race bikes and racers.

And no, I don't think the factories want to work with Roger Dickhead, but they don't mind feeding him some of his bullshit to keep him guessing.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts