Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I Have A '95 Zx-9r That Isn't Getting Any Current. When I Turn The Key On No Lights Come On; Nothing; No Juice To The Starter Or Anything Else.

The Battery Is Charged; Checked The Fuses, All Good; No Apparent Loose Wires Or Connections That Are Jumping Right Out At Me.

Any Suggestions On Other Things To Check?

·
MIA Ex-Mod
3,051 Posts
Main fuse on the starter relay? Should be a 30 amp fuse.

Tread

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I Found The Main 30a Fuse Along With All The Others And It Is Good. I Found Another 30a Fuse To The Left Of The Main Fuse Box With Is Also Good. I'm Assuming That One Is The Starter Relay Fuse?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i didn't notice any obvious corrosion on the fuses, but one of them seemed a bit loose. i read another thread that mentioned using contact cleaner and electrical grease. i'll give that a try tonight and see what happens. any suggestions on how to make the contact tighter on the one fuse that seemed a bit loose?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Check for continuity from the negative side of the battery to a metal part of the engine or frame. If you have a bad ground it will give you the problem you are describing.

Just in case you don't know how, take a multimeter and set it to read ohms (the horseshoe setting). Put one lead on the battery and one to the case of the engine. you should get a reading of around 0.01 or some thing close. If you don't get a reading and the display doesn't change than you have a bad ground. If you get a good ground to the case, check to the frame from the battery and make sure that also has a good ground.

Let me know how it turned out and what it was that broke.

John

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks For The Solid Advice John.

After A Few Days Of Not Being Able To Fix The Problem Myself, I Broke Down And Handed The Bike Over To The Professionals. They Found Some Wires From The Ignition Switch Had Corroded Quite A Bit.

The Bike's Electrical Problem Is Solved But Now It's Waiting On New Throtle Cables.

Thanks Again.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts