Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Administrator
6,701 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
“After having multiple discussions with Moto America/KRAVE regarding a sanction agreement for 2015 Daytona 200, we were unable to find common ground on a business model that would be beneficial for both parties. We wish MotoAmerica/KRAVE the best as they begin their inaugural season in 2015.

Daytona International Speedway will continue to be the driving force behind Bike Week, hosting a wide range of activities for all ages including the Daytona Supercross, the Ricky Carmichael Amateur Supercross and the AMA Pro Flat Track doubleheader, as well as demo rides, displays and vendors. We will continue to look for partners to assist in running the Daytona 200.”

http://www.daytonainternationalspeedway.com/Search/Tags.aspx?q=2015+Bike+Week

·
Registered
2,694 Posts
Screw Daytona, screw the last decade of AMA failure to keep the sport alive and instead drive it into the ground with stupid rules and outrageous fines/fees and making it about profit and not racing. Hopefully Krave isn't the same but i'm not holding my breath. Go to new tracks, new states, hold more rounds.

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
13,643 Posts
Times...they be a changin'.

I'm certainly VERY hopeful that MotoAmerica will bring this series back into prime time from the depths of hell it's currently in, but I'm sad to see Daytona off the calendar. It is a shitty track for racing motorcycles, but it was still an iconic race to kick-start the season in February. I've been multiple times over the last few decades and it is fun to attend just to be a part of.

:rip: Daytona International Speedway

·
Chairman of the Board
16,019 Posts

I'm certainly VERY hopeful that MotoAmerica will bring this series back into prime time from the depths of hell it's currently in, but I'm sad to see Daytona off the calendar. It is a shitty track for racing motorcycles, but it was still an iconic race to kick-start the season in February. I've been multiple times over the last few decades and it is fun to attend just to be a part of.

What he said.

·
Always On Mod
1,839 Posts
http://motoamerica.com/news.html#news_head

April 10-12 Circuit of the Americas – Austin, Texas (2 classes, MotoGP support races)

April 17-19 Road Atlanta – Braselton, Georgia

May 15-17 Virginia International Raceway (VIR) – Alton, Virginia

May 29-31 Road America – Elkhart Lake, Wisconsin

June 12-14 Barber Motorsports Park – Birmingham, Alabama

August 7-9 Indianapolis Motor Speedway – Indianapolis, Indiana * (2 classes, MotoGP support races)

September 11-13 New Jersey Motorsports Park – Millville, New Jersey

TBD Laguna Seca – Monterey, California (WSBK Support Race)
Aligning themselves with MotoGP and WSBK, and they have 8 weekends lined up already, and state that a 9th is in the works. I'd put money on another west coast round at either Sears Point or Miller. Plus they supposedly have a TV deal lined up already.

·
Administrator
6,701 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
times...they be a changin'.

I'm certainly very hopeful that motoamerica will bring this series back into prime time from the depths of hell it's currently in, but i'm sad to see daytona off the calendar. It is a shitty track for racing motorcycles, but it was still an iconic race to kick-start the season in february. I've been multiple times over the last few decades and it is fun to attend just to be a part of.

:rip: Daytona international speedway
what he said.
:+2:

·
Registered
1,082 Posts

Exactly!!! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,653 Posts
I lost all interest in Ama after the last year and I just didn't even follow any of it this season...what the heck is KRAVE?...isn't that a chocolatey filled cereal that's delicious?

·
Supercharged Mod
4,391 Posts
I lost all interest in Ama after the last year and I just didn't even follow any of it this season...what the heck is KRAVE?...isn't that a chocolatey filled cereal that's delicious?
Just to fill you in ... DMG (related to NASCAR) has been the (unsuccessful and much reviled) operator of AMA Pro Racing for the last few years. They are now out. KRAVE a.k.a. MotoAmerica is a new organization that involves Wayne Rainey and in my opinion, is worthy of what support we can give them ... I may go watch a race or two next year ...

·
Chairman of the Board
16,019 Posts
just to fill you in ... Dmg (related to nascar) has been the (unsuccessful and much reviled) operator of ama pro racing for the last few years. They are now out. Krave a.k.a. Motoamerica is a new organization that involves wayne rainey and ..in my opinion, is worthy of what support we can give them ... I may go watch a race or two next year .
100% agreed and I think if this is going to work its going to take fan support.

·
Always On Mod
1,839 Posts

·
Chairman of the Board
16,019 Posts
:frown: I'm happy to see the races are being run as it's good for motorcycling racing in general. It's disappointing to see Daytona and MotoAmerica not be able to come to an agreement. A combined front to push the sport forward would help it succeed.
Agreed. Its going to be an interesting field I think. Im wondering if any of the big teams will field bikes?

·
Always On Mod
1,839 Posts
depends on the schedule, but I'd say most of them will run the road races for sure. last year when there was a giant hole in the AMA schedule we saw almost all the teams enter the superbike shootout. More TV time from any venue is a positive for the teams' sponsors

1 - 16 of 16 Posts