Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
11,157 Posts
That is the stupiest fuggin movie of all time... I watched it and I wish I never would have...To be honest watching water boil is more entertaining...There is no music in the credits, movie, or anywhere...You hear the fuggar walk across a desert w/ the wind and the sand for 10 mins...I fell asleep and woke up and the fuggar was still walking...don't watch it...You will have more fun trying to count rain drops or doing something else than watching this movie...incase you can't tell, i hated it :rant: over Time for a :beer:

·
Retired post whore
8,463 Posts
Well I did want to see it until I read luckz88's post, now I don't know. :dontknow: It does look good on the commercials.

·
Registered
11,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That is the stupiest fuggin movie of all time... I watched it and I wish I never would have...To be honest watching water boil is more entertaining...There is no music in the credits, movie, or anywhere...You hear the fuggar walk across a desert w/ the wind and the sand for 10 mins...I fell asleep and woke up and the fuggar was still walking...don't watch it...You will have more fun trying to count rain drops or doing something else than watching this movie...incase you can't tell, i hated it :rant: over Time for a :beer:
Ah, remember folks, luckz rides a Suzuki.... :lol:

·
Registered
1,876 Posts
Saw it last January with one of my ex's.... BEFORE it won a Golden Globe

and a couple of Oscars..

Great movie !!! pace is slow, there is a couple of scenes towards the end

that I don't like.

Fact that there's no score/music didn't bother me...

3 thumbs up !

:mrgreen:

·
La Flama Blanca
7,720 Posts
I thought it was great, can you apreciate a good indy style flick? If you liked fargo and other Cohen brother movies you will enjoy it.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Killer movie! No CGI! It's not non-stop action but it has it's parts! No Country For Old Men is definitely not for you if you only want explosions and cursing.

·
Registered
11,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
It's not your typical tidy Hollywood movie. The ending is pretty much true to the book. In fact the movie is too. No good guy-bad guy resolution, and gets the pretty girl in the end movie. Not even close. You gotta work for this one.
So if you want to be mind numbed with Hollywood pablum, don't watch this movie. You won't like it.
If you want to participate in a movie, be challenged by it, seek out it's details, then it's worth it.
Fate and the journey there.

·
Registered
381 Posts
It's not your typical tidy Hollywood movie. The ending is pretty much true to the book. In fact the movie is too. No good guy-bad guy resolution, and gets the pretty girl in the end movie. Not even close. You gotta work for this one.
So if you want to be mind numbed with Hollywood pablum, don't watch this movie. You won't like it.
If you want to participate in a movie, be challenged by it, seek out it's details, then it's worth it.
Fate and the journey there.
Well put GPZ!

·
Registered
345 Posts
Yea I saw it. It brought back memories of my friends and I living in Las Cruces ,NM. pretty close to El Paso, TX. We where 20-something bad-ass's and I remember Sat nights getting out of Juarez in my 73 Dodge pick-up with our lives at 2:00 a.m. We had good sense not to get involved with the drug dealing Mexicans/tacky dressing Grengo's(like Woody Haraldson). I thought the movie was accurate but you won't get it unless youve lived around Las Cruces/El Paso.

·
Registered
308 Posts
my friend rented it and I still need to watch it, i really want to see that hitman movie though
Dude,

Watch Hitman ts much better. I did however enjoy parts of the movie but didn't understand TommyLee's dream he had. It may me because I am a middle aged and have not yet hit my more sensitive because I miss my dad mature stage in life. BTW, it was much better that a thin red line, I watched that the night before.

:mrgreen:

·
La Flama Blanca
7,720 Posts
I watched Hitman this week, it is absoulutely nothing like NCFOM, they would not even be conscidered in the same genre, both entertaining, but entirely different movies, NCFOM, has alot of violence in it that some shoot em up fans could appreciate, but if you are going into it thinking it is a balls out action flick you will be sadly mistaken. Like GPZ, Mysef and BD said, thinking mans movie.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts