Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was wondering if anyone has gutted there cat on an 08 and experminted with different maps and what you liked the best.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Haven't gutted my cat yet, mind telling me how you went about it? 08.
theres alot to it but its not hard, you have to take the bolts out holding the side and lower fairings off, then look at your ram air intake in front of your forks and under you dash and youll see where there are four silver bolts two on each side, you need to take those out and grab the front of the bike near the headlight and slide it all forward until you can get to the wires and disconnect yhem to where you can take the whole thing off in one piece, then take the two bolts off for the radiator and finagle it as far forward as possible with out taking off the hoses, now you have access to the header bolts just take those off and you will have the header in your hand. once you have that off you need to drill around the honey comb and beat it out with a 3lb sledge hammer and a long flat head. make sure you get every loose piece of honeycomb out, and try not to deform your header where your ehaust slips on or it will be a pain to get back on.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts