Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have sprockets, k&n filter, and a stretch. i have a sneaky pete nitorus kit. what else do i need to make it less likely to blow up on me? besides getting exhaust n power commander. just asking for help.

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
i think as long as you have the right tune Nitrous is one of the safest forms of Forced Induction.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Start with a small shot and work up, once you've dyno verified safe A/F. The rule of thumb is no more than 10hp increase per cylinder on un-modified engines. I run a 30 shot, dry system. dynoed 183.5hp/12.0:1 AFR on NOS, 152.5hp/12.5:1AFR without (very conservative dyno). Don't forget that injecting cold nitrous into your airbox will really richen your mixture.

·
Registered
670 Posts
I have researched this and from what I have gathered you can use a 30 shot safely on the stock tune. Anything more than a 30 and you will need a custom tune. Anyone disagree?

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
I have researched this and from what I have gathered you can use a 30 shot safely on the stock tune. Anything more than a 30 and you will need a custom tune. Anyone disagree?
You can but if you dyno it you will see that 30 hp where you may only see 20 if the tune is not correct. the nitrous hitting the air temp sensor will richen it up but if it doesnt richen it up enough or too much your giving up power. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
kool. diff topic. do any of yall have the exhaust valve disconneted? i know theres a thread but does it actually work? i have stock exhaust btw

·
Registered
670 Posts
kool. diff topic. do any of yall have the exhaust valve disconneted? i know theres a thread but does it actually work? i have stock exhaust btw
It makes the exhaust louder, thats all.

·
Registered
670 Posts
awesome. do you have yours diconnected?
Yes, but the valve is still in the exhaust. I just took all the cables off the bike.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts