Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
BigCat for Prez!
7,229 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i know a lot of u have nitrous because ive been smackin the search button for a while now readin abt what yall have. Id like to put nitrous on my bike, and was curious what all of you fine gentlemen have to say abt this kit that i found, whether or not its legit. i know id need an A/F guage and dynojet hub for map switchin and whatnot, bec itd only be for when the shit talkers on gsxrs wanna play and i wanna make the asswhoopin even worse :mrgreen:

anyway heres the link

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Nitrous-Oxide-Motorcycle-Kit-dragbike-new-/330547695804?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item4cf62d90bc

·
Gen2 Ripper
4,867 Posts
I dont know about those cheap ebay kits man. An MPS or other name brand kit will include better equipment than that kit. I would get a kit with a spray bar and quality solenoid. Also, the name brand kits come with full stainless lines and aluminum fittings. An MPS system is under $400 nicely equipped. Bottles are cheap as hell and can be had for dirt, same for brackets. MPS also has OUTSTANDING customer support. Ive called them and they were extremely helpful, knowledgeable, and polite. They have tons of install and trouble shooting links, videos and tutorials on their website.
So, I say go name brand for reliability and technical assistance. Holley, the makers of NOS brand nitrous components are also FANTASTIC to deal with. I was on the phone with MPS and Holley(NOS) on this past monday and they helped me trouble shoot and got me spraying again in 20 minutes. They got the experience to back up the exta coin for their kits nan.

·
Registered
97 Posts
I buy alll my stuff from those guys (Dynotune). They are NOT a junk E-bay seller. Check out their website www.dynotunenitrous.com. They are very helpful and know what they are doing. I get bottles, solenoids, solenoid parts, hoses, etc from them. I have one of their progressive controllers which is very nice but took it off the Busa this spring as I'm using the ECU flash progressive controller this year for simplicity. They have the best bang for the buck out there.

·
Registered
860 Posts
Yeah the dynotune stuff is good. That kit is pretty basic but will get the job done. You'll be using that bottle up in a couple passes.

·
Gen2 Ripper
4,867 Posts
That's good to know. Another option for people.
Nothing wrong with MPS either. Great company and fantastic kits too.

·
BigCat for Prez!
7,229 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you fine gents, ill be expecting the system in, in a few days, but still gotta order the multi hub and wideband 2 from DJ before i start usin it. Also, any of yall know what the biggest shot is u can have on a stock motor without anyway worries, just curious. Ill be swappin to a larger botlle eventually

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
I run dynotune nitrous on my bikes, I actually have 2 150hp dynotune nitrous solenoids for sale on here w/ stainless lines NOS fittings etc...

I'd buy a NOS brand bottle for the high flow valve..

·
Registered
162 Posts
I had a dynotune kit on my 14 and ive owned one on a foxbody mustang at one time. Both worked great, i will say i had a nitrous express kit on another mustang and it hit alot harder but was double the price. For the money the dynotune kit is great, and is good quality.

·
Registered
860 Posts
You don't have to have the hub or a wideband to use that setup. Both would be nice but not necessary. If you get the bike dynotuned for both you can switch maps on your own with a laptop. If you want to have the option of using it at all times then yes get a hub. If you don't want to get the bike tuned then buy a wideband.

·
Gen2 Ripper
4,867 Posts
Thank you fine gents, ill be expecting the system in, in a few days, but still gotta order the multi hub and wideband 2 from DJ before i start usin it. Also, any of yall know what the biggest shot is u can have on a stock motor without anyway worries, just curious. Ill be swappin to a larger botlle eventually
My tuner, who specialized in turbo and nitrous bikes, said no bigger than a 40 shot on a street bike. For reliabilty, I went with a 30 shot on my street bike. A 40 shot would be fine aswell. I wanna go up to a 40 soon.

·
BigCat for Prez!
7,229 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
ok sweet 40 shot it is. I know i dont need the hub and wideband, but if ima do somethin ima do it right, deff. dont want my baby goin caput from it bein a lil off. Itd get really old really fast havin to carry my mini laptop and usb cable everywhere i go. Also gonna want the purge kit with the green LED so i can keep the air out the line, and for when im parkin lot pimpin :mrgreen:

·
Gen2 Ripper
4,867 Posts
So what are you gonna use to store and change between 2 maps? I use the PC3 w/dj hub along with the handle bar map switch to toggle maps. I use a NOS mini progressive controller too so it isnt too crazy at initial hit. Are you gonna just do the auto tune?
One of the other members has a cool setup which is the other way of doing it. He'll probably chine in or you can search the nitrous threads. He abd I compared how we chose different way of doing things.
You'll LOVE nitrous. A 40 shot is perfectly safe for our internals as long as its tuned right meaning you give it extra fuel when you are spraying,.

·
BigCat for Prez!
7,229 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I have the PC3, plan to find a dyno around here and have a map tuned for reg street riding and another for the ass bustin i plan to deliver on a strip, we have like 3 close to me, but if i cant find a local dyno, i might just have to go with autotune, hope not thought, i wanna put my PC to good use for the money i paid for it (160 on ebay...love that site!)

Neverendingmods, thats how i first found out abt the hub and wideband, was one of ur posts on another nitrous thread, i was stalkin lmao

·
Gen2 Ripper
4,867 Posts
^ He's got good shit. I've follwed him on psychobike for awhile.

·
BigCat for Prez!
7,229 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
kit came in today, can any of u post pics of how u have ur bottle and solenoid mounted, bec the more i look at the bike the more i realize theres almost no room for the damn dust to sit much less anything else. i figured the bottle would go in the swingarm but not sure with the solenoid. another thing is will 8in over be long enough to keep the wheel on the ground win it hits, bec if not i can flip my adjusters around on my extensions and go back another 1.5in. much obliged fellas

·
Gen2 Ripper
4,867 Posts
kit came in today, can any of u post pics of how u have ur bottle and solenoid mounted, bec the more i look at the bike the more i realize theres almost no room for the damn dust to sit much less anything else. i figured the bottle would go in the swingarm but not sure with the solenoid. another thing is will 8in over be long enough to keep the wheel on the ground win it hits, bec if not i can flip my adjusters around on my extensions and go back another 1.5in. much obliged fellas
I only use a 10 oz bottle and I have EVERYTHING in the tail..PC3, solenoid, bottle(had to trim the cross bar by the pass lock) DJ hub, and the speedo healer all under the solo seat cowl. Can't make it fit with my stock rear seat. My MPS brain is near battery and the progressive controller is up on the frame under the steering stem velcro'd so I can pull it off and adjust if needed. Can still see it easily . I get 2 passes down qtr mile or 6 two gear pulls on street. Any bigger than a 10 oz bottle will have to mount to swingarm. Where the stock exhaust goes up between the swing arm and that black metal plate is a great spot, just remove the plate and fab a bracket. I wanted all my nitrous shit completely hidden. Had to move the tip over sensor to under my rider seat but was easy. I'm off work this weekend and next week so PM me your Email and I'll take some pics if you want. If your bottle isn't going in the tail, then everything else will fit in there. 8" over will come up in 1st but a nice controllable wheelie. 2nd gear will just hover the front tire. Make CERTAIN your tire is very warm or it will spin even in 3rd which can be scary at high speeds and slightly leaned just a tad. Get that tire hot man. Cold days/mornings I won't spray 1st on the street. You'll think your clutch is slippin but it's the tire roastin away,lol.

·
BigCat for Prez!
7,229 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Make CERTAIN your tire is very warm or it will spin even in 3rd which can be scary at high speeds and slightly leaned just a tad. Get that tire hot man. Cold days/mornings I won't spray 1st on the street. You'll think your clutch is slippin but it's the tire roastin away,lol.
Had the tire break loose like that on the interstate one nite leavin work, shifted into 3rd at 88 and the road was wet and its started spinnin lol, luckily it didnt fish tail on me. My email is [email protected]. my bottle is 1.25lbs.

·
Gen2 Ripper
4,867 Posts
Ok, Ill send you some pics by Sunday. You can use the 2 bolt holes for the tiny hugger thingy we have on the gen2 swingarm as a location to bolt bottle mount. Just a thought.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts