Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:thumbsup:

Hey guys, i will be fitting the magic bottle up in a couple of weeks and heading out to the strip again. 40hp dry shot, and the fuel map will be tuned to suit. A few questions first:

1. When is it safe to hit the button (on stock wheelbase)?

2. Should I extend the bike 6" before I run it with the nitrous?

3. What sort of time advantage will a 40 shot provide on stock wheelbase (approximate range please)?

·
Registered
251 Posts
Which ever one u try, just dont spray 1st. If ur good at launching a SWB bike then try it in second at WOT, if she wheelie on ya, then wait until third. Then u can always put the inches in. Oh and a 40 shot might get at least 2 or 3 tenths.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I ran mine in the 1/8th, just wasn't long enough. 30 shot, short shifted in to third . Hit the button at 95mph and it immediatly lifted the front. I let off and coasted past the line. I wouldn't recommend hitting it at any speed under 100, regardless of gear. Remember you have to let off it to shift, so it's better to short shift and hold it longer. I usually use it in 4th, start at 115mph and hold it untill just before redline. My best 1/8th mile run was a 6.77(without NOS), I'd expect mid 9's in the 1/4 with it.

·
Registered
251 Posts
I ran mine in the 1/8th, just wasn't long enough. 30 shot, short shifted in to third . Hit the button at 95mph and it immediatly lifted the front. I let off and coasted past the line. I wouldn't recommend hitting it at any speed under 100, regardless of gear. Remember you have to let off it to shift, so it's better to short shift and hold it longer. I usually use it in 4th, start at 115mph and hold it untill just before redline. My best 1/8th mile run was a 6.77(without NOS), I'd expect mid 9's in the 1/4 with it.
Then there's ur answer, put inches in it, cause if u plan to wait until 4th gear at a 1/8th mi. track to spray, dont waste ur money, might as well just work on ur riding skills.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Then there's ur answer, put inches in it, cause if u plan to wait until 4th gear at a 1/8th mi. track to spray, dont waste ur money, might as well just work on ur riding skills.
Exactly. NOS is fun, and would be usefull on a streched bike w/wheelie bar or in a 1/4 mile. Seat time is the biggest thing, took me 20 runs to break into the 6's. Strap it down in the front,(cheap, easy and REALLY helps). Practice your launches, the first 60' win or lose a race. Read through the strip forum, there are tons of good tips in there.

·
Registered
92 Posts
well i have a 40 shot on mine. of coarse my bike is way out there. i hit it as soon as i let off the clutch in 1st. mine still comes up some. if u get good with the button and it starts coming up just punch it a few times. some ppl are on and off of it the whole track. i hit mine from first till i cross. my 1/8 times are 5.92 at 120-123 mph most of the time. 1/4 times are 8.94-9.03 at 160-164 mph so i say put it out there and spray the piss out of it! i haven't got to run it yet since i put the racing cams, thin head gasket, and 70 shot. hopeing for some 5.4-5.5's in the 1/8 and 8.3-8.5's in 1/4.

·
Registered
5,228 Posts
I have a swb with 50 shot and I spray from top of 1st gear (7k rpm) through the traps. I have the dj quickshifter and don't let off the button to shift. The bike makes over 200 whp and 100 lb/ft tq.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Awesome! What times have you run, best to worst? :)

I CAN'T WAIT TO SPRAY THIS THING! If only my damn kit would hurry up (I hate Australia Post!)

·
Registered
5,228 Posts
My gearing is -1/+2. I have been playing with it alot lately and haven't got any good times. I know 3 years ago when I had a 30 shot on it and alot less work done I was running 9.89 @ 155. I have gained some weight since then too, so I don't know what the bike will do now. The bike is tuned from 7k rpm and up for the nitrous. The a/f ratio is 11.8-12.0:1 at 100% throttle. This is pretty conservative but when we leaned it out it lost hp and same thing when we fattened it up. So I know the motor is running on the safe side. As a side note, with the a/f so rich, it falls on its face at 7k rpm and 100% throttle without nitrous.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hmmm, I will have to have my tuner sort something out for me.

In other news, I got the kit delivered to my desk about 5 minutes after my above post. :lol: I can't wait to fit this sucker tomorrow.

·
Registered
582 Posts
Good luck ... What kit is it?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts