Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious on this subject, but a member of kawi forums suggested i get a 20shot dry kit for my 95 zx6r (which is carbed). The reason being is that wet kits are more of a hassle and overall all they do is add fuel which can be done with a dry kit by just adding a larger main jet. Any seconders?

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
If you use a dry shot and add the needed fuel by increasing the main jet size the only time the fuel-air ratio will be correct is when your using the spray. Off the spray, the carburation will be very rich.

·
Registered
482 Posts
with carbs id be going wet for sure....a little more hassle to install but in the end you will have the right setup not to mention still maintaining a good n/a tune which is important

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yea another thing is the price, im not on a large budget so spending 500 bucks would hurt a lot more to me than most people. Sucks that dry kits are so simple and cheap, while the wets are nearly twice the price. Im probally gonna hold off till i get everything i already own on my bike and get tired of it, then try out the spray.

·
Registered
99 Posts
20 dry with little bump in carb jetting should be okay. prolly jet up 1-2 steps. it will run tad rich off nitrous, but should be safe. dyno run to check A/F would be best way to find out. but for money of dry kit and 4 jets for carbs for 20 shot.. you should be okay. those old 6r have pretty tough bottom and top end. i ran 40 dry shot on 2000 R1. it was flowed and suppose to make 40 hp.. bike was jetted up 3 steps and ran rich. on dyno it made 39.47 hp with nitrous.. so it was close..but dyno on motor alone lost about 10 hp with jetting.. so you have to make trade.. run it rich(loose little HP) and be safe or run it close, keep power of bottle and have it melt piston or kick rod out. running dry shot on carbed bike is not recommended as you can see by post here. its up to you and what you want to do. personally i say shop around, but parts off ebay and piece you a wet kit together. you can prolly get everything you need used for like $250 or little more. so get you dry kit for now... keep checking ebay and buy them little here and there till you have all parts you need.

·
Registered
482 Posts
1LongR1 said:
20 dry with little bump in carb jetting should be okay. prolly jet up 1-2 steps. it will run tad rich off nitrous, but should be safe. dyno run to check A/F would be best way to find out. but for money of dry kit and 4 jets for carbs for 20 shot.. you should be okay. those old 6r have pretty tough bottom and top end. i ran 40 dry shot on 2000 R1. it was flowed and suppose to make 40 hp.. bike was jetted up 3 steps and ran rich. on dyno it made 39.47 hp with nitrous.. so it was close..but dyno on motor alone lost about 10 hp with jetting.. so you have to make trade.. run it rich(loose little HP) and be safe or run it close, keep power of bottle and have it melt piston or kick rod out. running dry shot on carbed bike is not recommended as you can see by post here. its up to you and what you want to do. personally i say shop around, but parts off ebay and piece you a wet kit together. you can prolly get everything you need used for like $250 or little more. so get you dry kit for now... keep checking ebay and buy them little here and there till you have all parts you need.
:+1: :+1: pieceing together a wet kit is a great idea to save money....i bet you could build a nice setup for under 300 bux

1 - 9 of 9 Posts