Votes: 23 67.6%
  • nitrous

Votes: 11 32.4%
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
who all in here spraying there zx10r. and whats the pro's and con's of it? and what other safety measure you use with it. I got a decsion to make cause on wed im taking my bike to performance pscycle on wed and i cant decide between the SS PACKAGE =thin head gasket and degreeing the cams and milling the heads or going with the nitrous:dontknow: what would yall do?

·
Registered
3,360 Posts
Price differences? I'd go for the SS package if only it included the race intake cam.

·
Speed Freak
12,730 Posts
yeah cams are hard to find.... you can gain some good numbers by doing the "SS"package but best bang for the buck nitrous is a great way to go, ran nitrous on my stock motor with thin head gasket and cams for 18k miles no problems... was running anywhere between a 20-40 shot depending on the racing...

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah i kinda want both both both but the compression will be to high. but im getting into the drag racing side now lol i just want it to be safe and not blow it up i still got a year left on the warranty

·
Registered
344 Posts
JUICE IT!! nothing you can do is more simple and gains that much power

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
lol yeah i know but i want to keep the motor alive i keep hearing horror storied bout nos but i thinking bout going toward the nos with a window switch hopefully it will b safe. but i called cycle concepts and they said most of the time the valve spring let go and float a valve or kiss a piston

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
lol yeah i know but i want to keep the motor alive i keep hearing horror storied bout nos but i thinking bout going toward the nos with a window switch hopefully it will b safe. but i called cycle concepts and they said most of the time the valve spring let go and float a valve or kiss a piston
you called the right place :thumbsup: I ran a 30 shot on my stock motor, I moved the intake air temp sensor so it was in the direct flow of the nitrous. bike went 8.80 at 158 shootin from second gear on. If you get a pc hub you can have it tuned for the nitrous and flip the switch to the other map. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
798 Posts
instead of flipping the switch you can throw a throw it in the firing circuit

so when you arm the system and go full throttle it will automatically change maps

i've been wanting to do this for awhile now lol have it all drawn out

·
inappropriate
7,728 Posts
Wo reading I'm sure this has been said; spray is only a temp thing which you need to prep your bike for too, that's why I decided to go turbo cuz its alwys there. Go w the motor mods, you'll always have that power on tap rather push a button just to find out you have no juice left.

·
inappropriate
7,728 Posts
wish I read first. Your into drag racing- juice it. Sounds like a fun strip experience.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
5,228 Posts
I did the thin head gasket, degreed the stock cams and put a 50 shot of n2o to it and it runs fine. The n2o is good for the track, but you won't see any power with it on the street unless you run it all the time. A good start is to do the thin head gasket and degree the cams. Then you can add the n2o to it later.

·
Registered
34,537 Posts
Should be no problem IF the work is done with quality.

BD

·
Banned
12 Posts
both nitrous and the thin head gasket, get the pc hub and ignition module, i believe a high comp motor will hole a 40 shot, i wouldnt go more than fifty with stock rods and pistond

1 - 20 of 22 Posts