Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am leaning towards buying a nitrous kit for my 04 zx10r and am wondering if it is worth it and if there are any problems that come from the kit; also would a power commander be required?

·
Registered
2,386 Posts
maze said:
I am leaning towards buying a nitrous kit for my 04 zx10r and am wondering if it is worth it and if there are any problems that come from the kit; also would a power commander be required?
i have just one question for you.

what wheelbase are you running?

if you are not sure then you do not need the nitrous

you will turn both the bike and yourself into scrap

·
MIA Post Whore
8,727 Posts
problems? Only if set up wrong and w/o an rpm cut off. Otherwise bang the limiter, the motor goes bang too.

generally small shots don't "need" a pc but HIGHLY suggested.

W/ stock wheel base, UR asking to loop with anything other than a very small "sneek shot".

·
Registered
2,386 Posts
W/ stock wheel base, UR asking to loop with anything other than a very small "sneek shot".[/QUOTE]
THATS WHAT I WAS ASKING.

THIS GUY IS 1 OF 2 THINGS

1) DIE HARD DRAG RACER

2) DREAMER WHO HAS YET TO RIDE A 10 AND VERY POSSIBLE OWNS A VESPA SCOOTER

I GUESS THEIR COULD BE A THIRD OPTION

3) REALLY REALLY SICK FUCK

I MEAN ANYONE WHO WOULD PUT JUICE ON A BIKE IS A SICK FUCK!

Kinda like the sick fuck who owns this bike...

Attachments

·
Registered
2,386 Posts
oh shit those are my bikes.

I am a sick fuck.

I wouldn't put juice on my 10, though.

With a stock wheelbase (the only way i roll) that would not work good.

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I have a stock wheel base and I have ridden my 10 hence the pic in my avatar. I don't plan to use the nos until I go to maxton and mabey on some nice sunny day's while out on the street but only in 5th and 6th gear. And to crispin I guess I am a leaning towards #3. I like to go fast and the term fast is very broad and the speeds keep getting higher and higher. I have thought about extending the swing arm but I don't like the look of the streched bikes. I am looking at a trac 0-6 extended arm an ebay .

·
Banned
856 Posts
i dont see a problem with running a small shot at all. id sure want a pc to fatten it up a little. and if you gonna do it without an airshifter id wanna put a w.o.t. switch instead of a button.

·
MIA Post Whore
8,727 Posts
trikchop said:
if you gonna do it without an airshifter id wanna put a w.o.t. switch instead of a button.
That's any type of shifter. Even the Power commander quickshifter. They kill only ignition not fuel (or nitrous) so there's a bigger load of both and the bike go boom!

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I am going to buy the PC probally tomarrow, and I am going to get the kit with the cut off before the rev limiter. I hope to get the kit that big cc racing uses on their 10 where it will not work in first or second gear but there is no wot option the horn button becomes the go fast button. I appericate all of the input. Thanks to all who responded. If anyone has info on a better kit please let me know.

·
MIA Post Whore
8,727 Posts
That kit sounds like the ticket if you plan to spray. Let us fellow speed junkies know how it goes.

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I just sent big cc an email, waiting to see what they say. If all goes well I will update a.s.a.p.

·
Registered
2,386 Posts
NATOR said:
Crispin, when was the last time you touched the Chop?
i ride it once every month or so.

i took it out 1 week before i wrecked the 10

and why the car tire?

i shouldn't have to answer that...

cause is wrong and sick as hell

just like me :)

·
Registered
585 Posts
maze said:
I have a stock wheel base and I have ridden my 10 hence the pic in my avatar. I don't plan to use the nos until I go to maxton and mabey on some nice sunny day's while out on the street but only in 5th and 6th gear. And to crispin I guess I am a leaning towards #3. I like to go fast and the term fast is very broad and the speeds keep getting higher and higher. I have thought about extending the swing arm but I don't like the look of the streched bikes. I am looking at a trac 0-6 extended arm an ebay .
Nitrous is not made for top speed runs, it's made for short blasts down the track, short spurts ........not highway running to 180 mph. Just my opinion. You take alot of risk spraying a 5th and 6th gear if you ask me.

Also, I have seen the aftermath of Nitrous gone wrong on an 04 stretched ZX10........it will flip even when stretched........trust me. Are you drag racing? is your bike lowered? if not I would not even think about Nitrous on this bike.

One more thing, if your not running 6.20's or better in the 1/8 I would not even think about Nitrous. I have run a 6.27 @ 118 on this bike and all i have is a 15t up front, everything else on the bike is completely stock..........and I know Im not ready for Nitrous.

·
Registered
2,386 Posts
we aint going to talk no sense into this guy.

hopefully a few parts will be salvagable for us when he is done.

i spray nitrous on a long wheelbase 600-700 lbs, 100 hp bike

MUCH MUCH different than the 10.

but what do i know.

around here there are sick fucks on 300 hp turbo gsxr's

i wouldnt want one of those either.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts