Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,997 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dyno graph for a 2016 streetbike we put on the bottle to go play at El Mirage, before Dean comes back and sets the record properly high. It was over 100F degrees in the shop this day, swamp coolers on full blast, so overall power was down a little bit from usual for this bike.... but damn.

Rectangle Slope Font Plot Line

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
Never mind the NOS run, the base NA run is pretty impressive too!

Reactions: SpazOnaZX

·
Registered
2,997 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
way it works, doing a lot of kits/controllers nowdays. what fuel spaz?
This is a dry spraybar from PFC... I really like his stuff. The controller is a NOS mini (the 2, i think). We waffled quite a bit on doing a wet kit as he wants to go bigger later in life, but the goal now is 200 in the half mile and 200 at El Mirage this year, and packaging is tight on the 5th gen as a 100% street legal/daily ride. Bike has been 189 in the half mile and 192 at elmo as is.

Fuel is C12, wanted something relatively inexpensive and close to pump gas. Turns out C12 is a little heavier than I thought it would be and riches up the mixture a good bit on its own over pump gas... I don't think I was taking into account the ethanol in our pump gas. C12 is a little overkill, but this bike makes a lot of power NA as it is, and I didnt want to mess with timing on a 40 shot, and I want a good safety margin on full pulls to the limiter in 6th. I figured it would be better than c16, but I may be wrong. The c12 probably costs it about 1% power loss over pump gas once the tune is adjusted, so I don't think it's that bad a choice. I don't do a lot of nitrous, though, so ill pay around with some other fuels when I get the chance.

·
Registered
2,997 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Never mind the NOS run, the base NA run is pretty impressive too!
It actually makes about 10-12 more when the conditions are better... it's made in the 2-teens on MR12. Little bit of a happy dyno (it generates ram air), but it is a bit of a factory freak with good bolt ons.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts