Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I recently laid my 10 down, as some of you may have seen in my for sale ad. Things are taking a turn for the better as I wasn't going to be covered for insurance, now they will be writing me a check, thank god. (word to the wise get your MSF license and have a valid drivers license before you do any damage it can and will haunt you lol)

Any way I will now be spraying my motor and I was wondering what you nitrous guys are running for spark plugs when on race gas and spray, octane around here is i think 112.

And if any of you are not scared to post pictures of your nitrous setups, tips on what you wish you would have done right away, and problems you ran into.

I've scanned the forums high and low and have collect valuable data for my build with a stock motor, I just want to know if there is anything I missed.

My setup will include:
Gix1300 dry spray bar
1lb bottle
PCIII
Multi function hub
WOT switch (BGMAGMA10R if you could get me a picture of how your switch is mounted)
progressive controller

*do I need to purge with such a short line?

I want this setup to be as sleek as possible so even when the bike is parked nobody will know it has nitrous

any help would be much appreciated, I will take time to send rep.

Thanks,
Jason:helmet:

·
Registered
374 Posts
You are going to need a ignition module to take some timing out. No purge on my old 2004 with a short line. I sprayed the shit out of it for years with no motor issues. I did a second fuel and timing map for spray.

·
Pimp/Player
11,412 Posts
You are going to need a ignition module to take some timing out. No purge on my old 2004 with a short line. I sprayed the shit out of it for years with no motor issues. I did a second fuel and timing map for spray.
Ignition module not needed if under a 60 shot. When going over 60 thats when you need to start messing with the timing.

·
Registered
871 Posts
WOT switch not required if using a progressive controller. And if you don't use a progressive you can wire up the multihub to act as a window switch so you still won't need a WOT switch.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
See this is the information I like to see, I will send rep tonight after all my reading all these other threads that info was unseen.

So if I have a pogressive unit it will register from my tach wire correct? And then I set it all from the progressive unit. And doing so with a 40 shot I will not need to purge?. I know purging would be ideal but its not necessary ?

·
Registered
84 Posts
here is my nitrous set up

-pump 93+ gas
-40 dry
-direct spray bar injected (ur bar is good)
-horn button used to spray
-stock spark plugs or cooler plugs than stock
-stock head gasket you wanna keep the heat down as much as possible
-purge valve isnt needed on a small hit but if you wanna install it go for it, i just bump my system a few minutes prior to me racing it, you engine will idle up for a few secs upon start up but nothing to worry about, other wise without bumping it or purging it you will have a small delay before the nos hits basically the nitrous turbo lag if you will

·
Registered
871 Posts
Keep your solenoid as close as possible to the airbox/distribution block. Doing so pretty much eliminates the need for a purge on bikes.

·
Gen2 Ripper
4,867 Posts
I use pc3, multi hub, Mps spider dry kit with a 30 shot and a nos mini two stage progressive controller all off wot switch. I use pump 93 and stock plugs. If you want to go bigger than a 40 shot, 50 tops, then look at upgrading valvetrane and studs.

Reactions: DixonCiderBuT

·
Gen2 Ripper
4,867 Posts
My spray bar from Mps.

Attachments

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
it seems your running 93 octane and spraying a 30shot on stock plugs, what are your numbers on the dyno? An about what 1/4 mile time are you consistent with sub 9s seems to be average, I'm really really trying to touch 8s, I know it will not be easy at all without touching my head.

Any pictures of where your bottle is mounted? Bgmagma told me he was able to squeeze a 1lb bottle in the rear after a little grinding, anyothers?

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
i run u4.4 fuel for the spray. dont have to and its kind of a pain drainging it out everytime but i just feel better about it.

as far as everything else i also run a gix spraybar and i have my solinoid mouted to the airbox on the backside.

as far as a controller i run a cometic or daytona nc-2 and love it. the laptop part is a bit of a pain but other than that i really like it.

if you have any other questions feel free to ask

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
What's the desired a/f ratio for a 40 shot of nitrous and race gas?
Do you guys reccommend colder plugs or will stock be fine?

·
Gen2 Ripper
4,867 Posts
The earlier comment that a wot switch is not needed with a progressive controller is bs. The combination allows a ramp up time to full spray only at wot, allows a pause if you need to lift for any reason, then picks right back up once wot, and it is all adjustable....ramp time to full spray, percentage of initial hit, delay time from wot to when it begins to spray. Really all the possibilities are staggering. If I arm the system and forget it will disarm on its own after 30 seconds so you aren't wrecked by surprise or blow the motor if you rev bike at idle.
I have a tiny 10 oz bottle inside my tail along with my solenoid, pc3, speedo healer, multi hub. My map selector switch is on right clip on and the arm switch toggle is hidden on underside of left side of tail. I never have to lift my throttle hand.

The nos mini two stage progressive controller is bad ass and has so many adjustable settings that it is the most widely used controller. Even though I only use single stage, the second stage is used for multi hub map selection function.
I can say at wot start spraying at 5k, at 40% spray and ramp up to 100% spray in 3 seconds or change any of those settings. If bike stands straight up or spins badly and I lift slightly it goes in pause mode but will pick right back up where it left off soon as I get to wot again, not starting all over again ramping up and shit. If I want to just have 100% hit right away at wot I can program that if I wanted but the pause function is still there.

·
Gen2 Ripper
4,867 Posts
it seems your running 93 octane and spraying a 30shot on stock plugs, what are your numbers on the dyno? An about what 1/4 mile time are you consistent with sub 9s seems to be average, I'm really really trying to touch 8s, I know it will not be easy at all without touching my head.

Any pictures of where your bottle is mounted? Bgmagma told me he was able to squeeze a 1lb bottle in the rear after a little grinding, anyothers?
Id rather not say. Im not the fastest on here but local guys do come on here and see what others are running so I want to keep my times and numbers to my self. If I am faster than someone I don't want them to know it.

·
Registered
2,891 Posts
I went through a few bottles running a .032 jet (36hp) dry set-up, stock plugs & timing on a second gen... AFR's were right around 12.9 on the bottle/12.4 off. I ran an MPS switch under the fairing to switch the horn over to a spray button. I could hide a 1lb bottle on each side of the front fairing, but I only ran one. You're going to do a lot of bottle filling with a 1lb bottle though, and it's a huge PITA to try and hide one AND stay on top of bottle pressure. And if you want it all to be hidden a purge system would defeat the effort.

If you're looking to lower your ET's on the bottle, I sure hope you're low and/or long. Trying it on stock wheelbase/rideheight just won't work. You'll see a lot more MPH, but the ET will frustrate you. A progressive controller is a brilliant way to help, but to go fast you have to have it on out of the hole... that's just about impossible on stock suspension... at least it was for me. :)

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
. AFR's were right around 12.9 on the bottle/12.4 off. -----are these good a/f ratios for the rest of you guys???

that's just about impossible on stock suspension... at least it was for me. :) what kind of suspension set up do you have now??

my gearing is a 17/41 as it needs to be freeway friendly and what not i go cruising with my guys all the time and do not like to hear that thing scream constantly:lol::cool:

i really just want the spray for these few GTR's running around out here.
I want to have the upper advantage at all times since this guy has the alpha 9 kit on his GTR thing is fast.... but my tires are killing me now soo I ordered a shinko hook up and hopefully this nitrous will do me in...

for those that dont know a alpha 9 here is what im up against but he has more work done than the one in this video... talking mid 9s....

1 - 20 of 51 Posts