Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
819 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What HP are you running your stock rods to or have you run them to???????

Any failures and what HP did they fail............

Thanks in advance guys:thumbsup:

·
Registered
4,682 Posts
Turbo ten is the guy you need. he has the most zx10 research or stevep. i have one on the 14 but not sure on the 10.

·
inappropriate
7,728 Posts
has anyone ever wasted the money to nos on a dyno? i dont agree w silly gas, a simple turbo set up is all id want. its permanent.

·
Registered
1,958 Posts
Low compression pistons will come into play before rods in a zx10 motor.

·
Registered
819 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
A scavenge pump is a pump that you use to pull the oil out of your turbo. That is one of the most important parts of having a long living turbo. Alot of kits just use gravity to get the oil back into the pan and they tell you oh it will be fine. Well it wont hahah,,, it will leak past the seals get into the compressor housing and make a mess. It will also get into the turbine housing and smoke. I think there was a member on here that had oil coming out of his compressor housing and thats why. There is alot to be said about over oiling turbos as well. Just ask alot of questions when you decide to take the plunge. I built my kit and I know guys that have been playing with turbos since before alot of us were born, so I get alot of good what to do and not to dos.

·
inappropriate
7,728 Posts
A scavenge pump is a pump that you use to pull the oil out of your turbo. That is one of the most important parts of having a long living turbo. Alot of kits just use gravity to get the oil back into the pan and they tell you oh it will be fine. Well it wont hahah,,, it will leak past the seals get into the compressor housing and make a mess. It will also get into the turbine housing and smoke. I think there was a member on here that had oil coming out of his compressor housing and thats why. There is alot to be said about over oiling turbos as well. Just ask alot of questions when you decide to take the plunge. I built my kit and I know guys that have been playing with turbos since before alot of us were born, so I get alot of good what to do and not to dos.
damn i didnt know that but it makes total sense. what does it take to aquire one of these pumps and how do you install them just swedge it into the oil return line?

·
Registered
4,682 Posts
cycle logic sells them. there cheap. i think theres is a 12volt system.

·
Registered
819 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well there are two ways to do it. I made a mechanical scavenge pump that runs off my crank:thumbsup: Or you can pick up a electric one that just goes inline with the return,,, obvious problems with electric are the extra space remembering to turn them on and pump failure.

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
To answer your question. Yes I have broken a rod on the 10. With nitrous. And no it's not a waste of money to spray it not the dyno. How else would you tune the fuel curve genius..? My pc3 went out on me while I was spraying and the mixture went way way lean and boom, bad things happened. I was making about 210whp. I will post up pictures if I can find them. If you need proof on the hp numbers I posted a dyno sheet on here a while back and you would be able to find it with a search.

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
Here's the rod. The top half is the little peice and the bottom half is stick in the bottom case. :headshake

Attachments

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
So I am guessing it detonated????
Yes, I beleive so . When the pc3 died the map went back to stock and with all the nitrous that I was running there was way more air than fuel and boom. detonation is reduced by having a higher octane fuel "I did" and having enough of it in the mixture to compensate for the added air provided by the nitrous. As long as you have enough fuel and the right mixture than you should be fine with a reasonable shot of nitrous "40 usually" I ran a 40 than a 60.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
819 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
We were spraying a 100 wet shot through my buddies 06 gsxr 1000 and it held together,,,,, for awhile hahahah

1 - 20 of 70 Posts