Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys need some info. I searched for info on the install of the zx14 calipers on an 06 but didn't find exactley what I was looking for. Here's my question, I have the Nissin calipers so I started to check out the install and noticed that the stock lines mount in the middled of the caliper where the Nissins mount the lines at the top. This would mean that there will be extra line length from the MC to the caliper and the cross over line will also have excess. Did you guys that have done this mod use the stock lines or is there a better fit out there oem or after market for this conversion?
Thanks.

·
Registered
344 Posts
I did everything using stock lines. I noticed the same thing but so far no problems.

Ken

·
Registered
34,537 Posts
Hey guys need some info. I searched for info on the install of the zx14 calipers on an 06 but didn't find exactley what I was looking for. Here's my question, I have the Nissin calipers so I started to check out the install and noticed that the stock lines mount in the middled of the caliper where the Nissins mount the lines at the top. This would mean that there will be extra line length from the MC to the caliper and the cross over line will also have excess. Did you guys that have done this mod use the stock lines or is there a better fit out there oem or after market for this conversion?
Thanks.
certainly makes sense given the mounting location. You can purchase aftermarket ss-line kits that will eliminate the cross over and have 2 seperate single lines from the MC down to each caliper if you choose.

BD

·
Retired post whore
8,463 Posts
When I did the caliper & m/c conversion on my 04 I used 06-07 Galfer stainless lines - perfect bends and length.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts