Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys.
I'm thinking on buying a M/C for my ZX10R and I'm options are the Nissin 19x21 or the Brembos 19x20.
The Nissin's are cheaper and have reservoir, stop switch...everything I need to do a direct install.
The Brembos are more expensive almost 90$ more.
My use is basically for the road, might 2 or 3 track days a year, but I do alot of hard riding on the mountains roads at the weekends.
Any advice on my choice?
I've been told that Brembo's 19x18 are an excellent choice but they are way to expensive when compared with the other two.
Any thoughts you wanna share...will be :welcome:.

·
Registered
409 Posts
spend the extra $90, its a night and day difference
!

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks you guys.
Here is some more info about prices:

-M/C Nissin 19x21 ready to install(lever,reservoir, switch stop, adapter line)=235$

-M/C Brembo 19x20 (lever,switch stop)=339$
have to buy reservoir and adapter extra (no idea about cost for these extras)

-M/C Brembo 19x18 (lever,switch stop)=370$
have to buy reservoir and adapter extra (no idea about cost for these extras)

These are all ebay prices.

I have a shop near my area that will sell the Brembo's 19x18 ready to install, just have to take my bike and they do all the job, but the cost is almost 500$.

I really would like to hear of someone that has tryied the Nissin's and the Brembo's as well and can give an comparison.
As you see the differences in price are huge, are the the differences in the quality of the braking that huge to justify the price?

P.S.:"Just found on the web an U.S. company that sell Nissin's 19x18, gonna try and found out shipping costs to Europe, anyone has tryied this puppies?"

·
Я - Ребен&#108
2016 ZX10R Race & 2016 ZX10R Street
3,656 Posts
Oh well im glad i saw this.... was going to go for the nissin for the 08 when it came out... I have a 19X20 and i LOVE that brembo....

Brakes for days....

·
Registered
603 Posts
I have seen a few places that sell the brembo for $250 (still no reservoir or brake switch) but that would equal out the extra $$ difference. I would imagine either one would be excellent for track days and overkill for the street

·
Registered
4,118 Posts
you don't need the resivour, i used my stock one. brembo imo

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for the info on the AP's range.
I had a look and they seem awesome, but its to much money for my pocket at this moment.
Thanks anyway.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Have just tested this afternoon the Nissin's of the Triumph Daytona 675, they have an awesome braking power when compared with my zx10r 2005, but the the feeling of the lever to touch is a bit harsh, it seems I'm always braking more than I need it seems it's a bit hard do dose the right amount of braking...never the less the stoping power was excellent.
If the Nissin's aftermarket M/C 19x21 are in the same league as the ones in the Triumph I'm buying, specially at a price as low as 235$.:)

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well guys, have bought, installed and tested the Nissin's 19x21 radial M/C, and I have to tell you...I'm a pretty happy bunny:thefinger

The braking power is excellent compared with original M/C and the looks of the golden M/C is:+2:

·
Registered
2,149 Posts
just imagine if you went wth the Brembo, even better performance and for the pirce you paid i think my buddy sells the 19x18 forged brembo KIT for another $30

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
No problem, if you ur buddy accepts my Nissin M/C I'll give him the 30$, plus he has to sent it to Portugal(Europe).:lol:

Seriously, I have a friend that has a Brembo 19x18, and I can tell you that the overall braking power isn't much superior to my Nissin, but the the feel is stronger at first touch on the Brembo. For the road the Nissin would be easier to use, for the track the Brembo would be better.

·
Registered
251 Posts
The Brembo uses a different sized brake hose from the reservoir, so you need a Brembo reservoir and hose to fit the new m/c.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts