Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know we all have badass, fuel gulping bikes, but I'm always looking for a car to drive to work that's better than my p.o.s. 94 Civic. I hate that thing. It's been totaled twice and it just sits in front of my house for 6 months out of the year. Long story, i know, but i've been waiting for an affordable EV for my daily commuter and i think Nissan has it. 100 miles per charge is enough for me to get to work. And it doesn't look bad to me. Hopefully the price is around 20k after the gov. pays $7500. http://www.nissanusa.com/leaf-electric-car/index.jsp

Attachments

·
Guilty by association
8,751 Posts
hybrids are becoming more and more efficient. I personally would not want a hybrid, but i can see the attraction. id say in another decade or so gas will be history or close to it.

that car from nissan is a better looking one than say that toyota thing.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Eh narf

With most of those youre only saving money short term though granted thats a nice one beut after a certain amount of time you must replace the batteries on most of those like the smart cars its like 4k for the bat replacement

·
Registered
4,784 Posts
With most of those youre only saving money short term though granted thats a nice one beut after a certain amount of time you must replace the batteries on most of those like the smart cars its like 4k for the bat replacement
no no..You swap the batteries for a zx-10r engine then your are good to go for miles.

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
10,362 Posts
that is the one hang up. the batteries. they do need to be replace at some point. technology is getting better every year with these cars. i read where Honda and maybe Toyota is working on hydrogen fuel cell car.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts