Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 89 ninja 750. It started few weeks ago, i had a coolant hose leak at an intersection, i had to ride it like 300 yards to get it home, so I did when I got home the bike started smoking from engine/radiator area with the smoke comming out right next to my right handle bar. I replaced the coolant, and hose but when i start the bike keeps smoking. Any help, anybody had this problem before or know what to do?

·
Registered
319 Posts
Does it smell sweet (like coolant)? Radiator might be cracked, or, check it for damage caused by rocks hitting it.

If it smells like burning oil, then you have an oil leak dropping on the headers.

·
Dont mess wit White Ninja
5,932 Posts
thats what I was just about ready to say, check all area's where the smoke is coming out, you have a leak somewhere!!!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
damm!! alright. it actually smells pretty bad, i'm guessing oil, becuase it's mostly coming from the header area, anyone know how much it would cost to fix this?

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
damm!! alright. it actually smells pretty bad, i'm guessing oil, becuase it's mostly coming from the header area, anyone know how much it would cost to fix this?
to fix an oil leak by the header area is $64.78 which is better than fixin an oil leak by the swingarm area those are wayyyyy pricier!!!:welcome:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts