Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· ^^No Bike Bum^^
2,515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
has anyone put the lowering blocks/ handle bar risers on a 09 Ninja 250R?? any out put would be great....

a friend of mine went friday, to a dealer and he talked her out of the 08 ZX-6R that i had found for her for the 09 Ninja 250R...

im about 5'-11 and 193lbs, and the fastest i could get the bike was about 83mph.. (that was a funny site..lmao)...

anyway, back to the point, she is still about 1 to 1-1/2" to short for it still. lowering the back wont be a problem cause it has your standard dog bones on the back..

Attachments

· Registered
1,689 Posts
Is it fast??? I'm thinking about buying one for my son....
No. I bought a brand new 250r in 01 for my wife to learn on. She
rode it for maybe 3-4 months before she couldn't stand it anymore.
She upgraded to an 02 R6 and loved it.

I don't know about the new ones, but hers would run around 105-110mph.
I think that 250 had a claimed 28hp.

· inappropriate
7,730 Posts
:spit:are you serious? its a 250, what do you expect

· ^^No Bike Bum^^
2,515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
no it is not fast.. like i said, i couldnt get it to hit 85mph.. it is a fun little toy, and would work well as a learning bike for your son if he is 15 to 18 years old and is under 150lbs..

it would be a great bike for riding to school and around town...

· ^^No Bike Bum^^
2,515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Is this her first bike? Why did the sales man talk her out of a zx6 for a 250?
yes this is her first bike... not sure why he did, but if she would have waited like i told her so i could go with her it wouldnt have happened.. maybe because the ZX6 was a used 08 model and he was wanting to get rid of these 250's..

I had the seat foam cut to lower the seat height on my girlfriends 08 250. Its plenty low enough for her now and no messing with the suspension geometry
good idea, ill look into that.. thanks :thumbsup:

· Registered
174 Posts
yes this is her first bike... not sure why he did, but if she would have waited like i told her so i could go with her it wouldnt have happened.. maybe because the ZX6 was a used 08 model and he was wanting to get rid of these 250's..

That just sucks now when you trade up its not even your downpayment i guess aslong as your wife loves it and doesnt get sick of it fast.. goodluck

· ^^No Bike Bum^^
2,515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
yeah this will have to be passed around the family for who ever wants to learn... it is a friend of mine that has it, not the wifey...

the wife wants a V-Rod... lol..

· Registered
540 Posts
She'll outgrow that 250 in a few months. I personally think a 600 is the perfect beginner size bike. Not too big, not too small... It's forgiving when it comes to beginner mistakes.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.