Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had a guy roll up on me on one of these today trying to get me to race. He claimed he could hang with the 10 but I wouldn't go for it in mid-day dallas traffic. Anybody know anything about these. They look really good but a 2" handlebar riser and a cushy seat tells me he's in another class.

·
Registered
6,028 Posts
looks kinda like the Gen 3. I think its in the neighborhood of 1050cc or so. Think similar to the Z1000.

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
It basically is a Z1000 with a fairing. It may actually make more torque down low than the ZX10r, but I'd bet its a least 50lbs heavier and has 50 less horsepower on top.

·
Gen2 Ripper
4,867 Posts
If propelry modded, ie full exhaust, fuel management/tune and some other weight reductions aside from 25lbs loss with aftermarket exhaust, it would be a good race to about 120mph with a GOOD rider. Makes shit load more low and midrange torque than 10R. It's stock dual exhaust and quad cats are heavy as hell. But race exhaust, light weight battery, race filter and tune would make fr a fun and fast toy. I think it redlines just past 10k rpm so it makes GREAT power way down low compared to us.
I want one badly for a second, long haul, bike.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts