Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,938 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's a love hate relationship working night shift, 2:30AM walking the railroad tracks through downtown Birmingham Alabama is not ideal for the average white guy. Though the prostitutes are friendly and the drug dealers are some what amusing, I would rather be asleep. The pro's to working night shift would be, having all day to get done what i need too, having a full 3 day's off instead of 2, and staying out of the heat. I am greatful to have a job when most do not but just thought I rant about 3rd shift on the railroad.

·
Chairman of the Board
16,008 Posts
4:30 am to 1 pm for me, not exactly the night shift. Im not sure how you do it really Juice, I did it for a while, nearly killed me!

·
Registered
279 Posts
at least your willing to work, some people arent

·
Registered
2,897 Posts
when I use to work nights I loved it, I also worked a rotating shift once a month which was not bad at all, one month we worked days 6:30am to 6:30pm and then of course other month was pm to am. loved it worked 4 days on with 4 days off... now if I can get back to work at that place I will be set....

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
The pro's to working night shift would be, having all day to get done what i need too, having a full 3 day's off instead of 2, .
exactly why I prefer to work nights for that reason there.

I have been on nights for the past 8 yrs with one of the odd ballest
schedules you can muster.......

(2) 1am- 7am shifts
(2) 11pm-7am shifts
(1) 7pm-7am shift

Nocturnal I am. :mrgreen:

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
juicebox, who do you work for? I used to work for NS but never got the privilege of set off days. I worked an extra board on call. If I worked a night shift I might be back on evening shift the next day. On weekends it was pretty much every other 8 hours being called out. I now work rotating 12 hour shifts,6-6. I like nites ok, less bosses & hassles. Work every other weekend and work 3-4 shifts a week.

·
Registered
152 Posts
It's a love hate relationship working night shift, 2:30AM walking the railroad tracks through downtown Birmingham Alabama is not ideal for the average white guy. Though the prostitutes are friendly and the drug dealers are some what amusing, I would rather be asleep. The pro's to working night shift would be, having all day to get done what i need too, having a full 3 day's off instead of 2, and staying out of the heat. I am greatful to have a job when most do not but just thought I rant about 3rd shift on the railroad.

Is there some kind of a shift premium for working the offshift? I mean, other than a ready supply of working girls and drug dealers? :mrgreen:

Black Stig

1 - 7 of 7 Posts