Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
His personality will get him a ride somewhere. He's a great guy and with 3 races in America, Dorna will want to keep a few American riders for the fans.

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Nicky is a great rider and has been wasting his time and talent with Ducati. I say good on ya mate.

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
13,674 Posts
His personality will get him a ride somewhere. He's a great guy and with 3 races in America, Dorna will want to keep a few American riders for the fans.
Dorna could give a crap about him cause he is American and not Spanish. He's done in MotoGP IMO. No one will pick him up with crutchlow looking for a ride. There are no seats open and Nicky just doesn't have the drive and aggression any longer. And the rumor has Indy being dropped from the schedule next year so there will really will be only 2 races in the US potentially. BMW is pushing hard to get Nicky to ride WSBK. That's his best bet I would imagine.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
2,805 Posts
Dorna could give a crap about him cause he is American and not Spanish. He's done in MotoGP IMO. No one will pick him up with crutchlow looking for a ride. There are no seats open and Nicky just doesn't have the drive and aggression any longer. And the rumor has Indy being dropped from the schedule next year so there will really will be only 2 races in the US potentially. BMW is pushing hard to get Nicky to ride WSBK. That's his best bet I would imagine.

Unless Baz gets dropped by Kawi :)

My opinion he is done in GP and will be headed to WSBK unless maybe Spies can't go and maybe he gets moves to Pramac Ducati but that'd be a step backwards IMO. Which I think would be a good move for him (moving to WSBK). I could see him riding with BMW, it'd seem like a good fit for him.

I don't think Crutchlow will take the Ducati spot despite his wanting factory backing. I think he will hold out another year to see what happens at Factory Yamaha with Rossi after his contract expires at the end of next season. Especily with how "competitive" they've (Ducati) been. Whats their best finish lately? 2nd with Rossi a year ago in a wet race? Otherwise they've been running in the middle in the pack. They'd have to have something special up their sleeve to convince Crutchlow.

But for Tech 3 to hold on to Crutchlow they are going to have to toss some money at him for another season. "Crutchlow. That Crutchlow is so hot right now"

·
Team Green Baby!
1,518 Posts
This is a blessing in disguise for Hayden, he's loyal and good rider and deserves better. The Duc just blows. My prediction is Cal will sign with Ducati and Nicky will be with Tech3 Yamaha. :mrgreen: If that doesn't happen, he will be in WSBK but he'll do everything he can to stay in Motogp.

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
Unless Baz gets dropped by Kawi :)

My opinion he is done in GP and will be headed to WSBK unless maybe Spies can't go and maybe he gets moves to Pramac Ducati but that'd be a step backwards IMO. Which I think would be a good move for him (moving to WSBK). I could see him riding with BMW, it'd seem like a good fit for him.

I don't think Crutchlow will take the Ducati spot despite his wanting factory backing. I think he will hold out another year to see what happens at Factory Yamaha with Rossi after his contract expires at the end of next season. Especily with how "competitive" they've (Ducati) been. Whats their best finish lately? 2nd with Rossi a year ago in a wet race? Otherwise they've been running in the middle in the pack. They'd have to have something special up their sleeve to convince Crutchlow.

But for Tech 3 to hold on to Crutchlow they are going to have to toss some money at him for another season. "Crutchlow. That Crutchlow is so hot right now"

Baz is currently 6th place (on a kawi mind you), and is nipping on Davies heels. Outstanding considering its his first full year with Kawi and on a new bike. Plus, he's only 19-20 years old. It would be a bad move if they let him go.

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
I haven't been keeping up with MotoGp for awhile but must say I love the Hayden's all the Brothers even Roger is fighting against I believe will go down as the Best AMA racer ever Josh Hayes. :wink:

Nicky I just seen on TV the other day watching AMA on BEIN and they showed Nicky, must have been around 10yrs old in the winners circle of a famous rider at the time with that big Kentucky smile.... who knew at the time he would become a MotoGP Champion one day....and also Kicked Rossi's ARSE yeah I said it Rossi Arse on his home turf at Laguna Seca :thefinger :lol:

I wish Nicky good luck no matter where he goes. :mrgreen:

Bloo

·
Registered
2,805 Posts
Baz is currently 6th place (on a kawi mind you), and is nipping on Davies heels. Outstanding considering its his first full year with Kawi and on a new bike. Plus, he's only 19-20 years old. It would be a bad move if they let him go.
I know... I was playing. Kid has talent. I thought this was his 2nd year though... didn't he and Sykes race for KRT last year as well?

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
I know... I was playing. Kid has talent. I thought this was his 2nd year though... didn't he and Sykes race for KRT last year as well?

Only half of last year, he was a temp fill in for Lasorz but they liked him enough to keep him. It would be cool to see Hayden on a Kawi but looking ahead it seems Baz is the better pick. The kid has a lot of untapped potential yet.. Hes out riding some big guns already and they must hate it.

·
Registered
2,805 Posts
Only half of last year, he was a temp fill in for Lasorz but they liked him enough to keep him. It would be cool to see Hayden on a Kawi but looking ahead it seems Baz is the better pick. The kid has a lot of untapped potential yet.. Hes out riding some big guns already and they must hate it.
Aww.. thats right. It's coming back now. But yeah, speaking of riding with the big boys already, sounds a little like Marquez ;)

Maybe they were referring to a team like Pedercini picking him up? Hayden is a good guy and deserves a good team/bike. He has taken his punches on the Duc and now he needs to move on and be on a more capable bike that will actually compliment his skills. I think if he makes the jump to WSBK no matter what bike he hopes on (as long as its not a Duc) he will instantly be a front runner with the likes of Sykes, Davies, Checa and Melandri.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Granted Hayden's a good guy, but what's he really done? other than bottom feed himself into a Title with fewer wins than probably anyone in history, he didn't perform as Honda expected the first 2 years. Had it not been for the unfortunate Yamaha issues in 2006, he wouldn't have won diddley squat of a Title !..."call it luck", cuz he did not dominate as the other Champions of the later GP era (Rossi, Stoner, Lorenzo). Then he laid a total t*rd in 07....

Globally, he's probably the most forgotten about (except in the U.S.) Title holder.....Bring on Cameron B. !!!! to save the U.S. presence in MotoGP.

Hayden should go to WSBK (who cares about Ducrapi? heads are probably gonna roll there again anyway), and try to achieve the U.S Triple Crown (AMA, WSBK and GP)....if he doesn't improve/win at WSBK, maybe he should hang it up and replace that clown Ralph Shaheen from Speed.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts