Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just picked up a lightly used 2012 ZX10R to add to my ever growing collection.

Already have a 2013 ZX14R, CBR1100XX, TL1000R, DR650 - but wanted a lightweight true sportbike.

I haven't ridden it enough to give it a proper evaluation (Washington weather), but have already begun modding it to my taste.

It's going to be for day rides in my region, I have more proper bikes for my Sport-touring duties.

Looking forward to learning more about this model from the forums.

Gary

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Welcome to the fourms!

Where about are you in Washington state?
I am outside of Tacoma - about 1 hour from the Mt. Rainier park entrance, via backroads :mrgreen:

Tons of fun roads out this way, I just head south out of town and there they are :lol:

Now if it would just quit raining on all my days off...

·
Registered
111 Posts
Nice man. My buddy had a 2012 that he recently sold due to almost getting killed while doing 140ish.... Needless to say, he sold all of his sport bikes and bought a Harley..... He's slowing it down for a year or so and will get another...

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I got my first "real ride" on the 10R today, about 300 miles to my favorite volcano. This thing rocked, I am used to my much heavier overpowered Sport-touring bikes :thumbsup:

The 10R was not too bad for doing some distance, now that I lowered the rearsets (thx Kawa for that option), and put Helibars on it.

Gonna get this thing flashed soon, and I think I will be all set. Going to get a tailbag for some overnight trips too :1848:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts