Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am doing some online shopping with a whopping $190 in my PP account.

I have an 05. I make 176rwhp now(in 100* Texas Heat)
I have Muzzy Slip On
PC III with custom Dyno Tune
Riflemans 1/5th
Graves Block-off plates
K&N filter
Secondary butterflies remmoved
-1 down +3 rear (16/42) sprockets(Supersprox)
8" stretch and Lowered 2"
Speedo-Healer
HID headlights
Hawk brake pads
Rear braided line

I am trying to get faster than my friends BUSA but like appereance also.

I was looking at some of these.
http://www.a-mars.com/productlist.asp?sid=KAWASAKI&type=ZX10

but I am looking for input. Maybe someone has some used parts they wanna pass my way!!

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
stretched and lowered, no you won't be needing the lines IMO. Mag wheels a def yes!

·
Servo's Eliminatus ;)
6,813 Posts
If you are trying to get faster, the brake lines won't help.

Maybe a Gen 3 head,
08 Race intake cam,
Thin head gasket.
Quick shifter,
40 Horse shot

Just a few ideas to start with.

·
Servo's Eliminatus ;)
6,813 Posts
Trying to stay around $200 for now.
The gen3 head just bolts on and what thickness gasket?
Yes, the gen 3 is a direct bolt on.
Find a .045 head gasket.
Bumps up the compression.
08 race intake cam really adds to it.

·
Registered
2,672 Posts
176 with a slip on and extended swing arm? in 100 degrees? skeptical me is skeptical. and what year is your friends busa, and are you on the street or track being faster than him? anyway, for 200, there's not much you can do, you already got the cheap basics pretty well covered. ceramic wheel bearings, ceramic tranny bearings, you said you got supersprox kit, hopefully you converted to 520 chain for it, ignition module + quick shifter, if you decide to break into the case, be careful and do it right, which means dropping at least a grand, dont half ass it cuz you'll blow your engine if you dont already know what you're doing, which i assume is halfway not since you're asking here instead of doing it. thats not me being an asshole, well, kinda, but more of tough love, i hate seeing people grenade their bikes cuz they thought they could do something and end up failing and costs even more in the long run. also, what you really need, and you can afford it, is a servo motor eliminator chip from hellsrazor :) saves you a few pounds off the bike :) you want faster, take away things that cause friction or create more power. good luck.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Dyno numbers are only told as per the dyno sheet after it got tuned.

And u are correct I do not know thats why I was asking.

Great advise on the less weight. And less rotational parasitic loss!! Didnt even think of covering those next. Thanks for the advise.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts