Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Modded my 10 a while back and had it dyno tuned and made 167 rwhp. Recently put on a 16 tooth front sprocket. Was just out for the first time with the new sprocket and i hammered it in 3rd gear. I was laid out on the tank and i swear the front wheel came off the ground a bit. Was i imagining things or is this bike that much of an animal ?

Dave

·
Registered
215 Posts
its just that much of an animal :mrgreen:

·
Registered
3,019 Posts
its just adds a different feeling to your bike...engines can only make so much power/torque then what they have internally...by changing your sprockets in a way your changing how fast it turns to move that wheel.

·
Registered
453 Posts
I did the same thing to my 165 rwhp 2005 track bike -1 up front but then also added 2 to the rear. Now if I were to wack the throttle in 3rd like you, I would end up on my ass for sure.

·
Dont mess wit White Ninja
5,932 Posts
I have the same setup and its nice but sets the revs a little to high for me. But I can say I did wot it once or twice over a hill down by the ocean and caught some air lol, it would make a cool picture for sure haha. But I think adding teeth to the rear in the sense of making it snapper is better then up front any day...I'm going to a 17/42 520 setup this nexted week when I get paid!!!

·
inappropriate
7,728 Posts
that happens when you drop a tooth or so. try removing the secondaries now and throw on a parachut for added protection :wink:

·
MIdlife PIMP
3,459 Posts
throw on a 1/5th insert and ya won't have to whack it!...lol....just a lil twitch and she'll be comin up!!

·
Registered
916 Posts
Thanks for the input guys, i can't even imagine rapping on this bad boy in first gear !!

Dave
Hehehehe.... you will be surprised once you get past 8k RPM's.... I did just that last weekend (again:mrgreen:), didn't even feel the wheel come up until I was looking up instead in front and I had only opened up slow. :mrgreen: It just happens...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts