Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Brand new to the site so just starting at the beginning and saying hello.

Taking delivery of a 2013 ZX10R tomorrow and I can't wait.

Already planning on sticking an Ohlins Mechatronic shock on here and a quickshifter.

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
14,398 Posts
Welcome to the party!

·
ZX-10R enthusiast
6,556 Posts
Brand new to the site so just starting at the beginning and saying hello.

Taking delivery of a 2013 ZX10R tomorrow and I can't wait.

Already planning on sticking an Ohlins Mechatronic shock on here and a quickshifter.

Welcome to the site!

You're gonna love the Gen4, Kawa did a bang up job on this bike.

Based on what I've seen and heard, the Mechatronic shock would be good for road riding. If you do a lot of track riding, the standard Ohlins shock would be the better option.

Also, you're going to want to flash the ECU on this bike as the U.S. models are quite restricted. The new Quickshifters should be available soon from Woolich Racing too so you may want to read up on the flash kit and the new features that come with the QS.

DIY ECU Flashing - Woolich Racing FAQ http://www.zx-10r.net/forum/showthread.php?t=165857

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the welcomes guys.

I mainly ride on the road so I reckon the Mechatronic will be perfect. Will do a report and post it after I have had a ride on it which might be a while as snowing here in the UK.

Regards flashing the ECU I have no experience of such and have always gone down the Power Commander route but not sure what to go for just yet.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts