Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm wondering what you guy think of the M4 Street Slayer slip on. I just picked up a new 2012 10r and need to get rid of the nasty stock can ASAP. I've been a lurker on the site for a while now and respect everyones opinions and would appreciate any input you may have. Thanks in advance for the help.

·
Premium Member
9,188 Posts
:welcome: NRE!
I think they are loud but look good on the 4th Gen. As you probably know already it needs a map to make it work right, but more knowledgeable people will most likely respond to your thread soon. As you may already know....

:ttiwwop:

..We are a group of pic hungry people here. :mrgreen:

·
my own worst enemy
233 Posts
you just dropped a nice chunk of change on a badass bike, why not spend a couple bucks for a better exhaust?

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I plan on having Guhl motors do a reflash. Does anyone know of thy have a map that they can install on the ECU futon the flash process? I know they can with some of thr others like Graves and the Leo exhausts.

·
Registered
118 Posts
you just dropped a nice chunk of change on a badass bike, why not spend a couple bucks for a better exhaust?
Define better? More expensive? I've used M4 products on several of my race bikes and although I'm not a fan of the noise their GP style slip ons make quality has never been an issue, especially considering the price point?

Are there build quality issues with the M4 Street Slayer that haven't been brought up on this forum?

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That's what I was wondering. My GP pipe on my 6r was fantastic. And although I do prefer the sound of loud, deep pipes I never had any quality issues. It dropped almost 20 lbs from the weight o the bike and registered almost an 8hp gain. I was very pleased with it.

·
Registered
31 Posts
This is my bike 100% stock with 84 miles and with M4 street slayer with guhl slipon reflash map 220 miles. As you can see the bike is still lean. I have bazzaz Z-fi QS and Z-afm with block off plates in the mail as we speek.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
If you don't have block off plates installed during the dyno run there is no way you have an accurate A/F reading. The air injection system does just that, inject air into the exhaust stream to help burn off excess fuel and this will give you a leaner A/F reading.

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
I'd like to see a dyno graph with just the block off plates installed to see what exactly it does to the A/F reading. It'd be nice to know how close the Guhl map is.

Good luck with the block off plates. I installed mine and they were a major pain in the ass. Installing the full exhaust system was easier and quicker.

·
Registered
5,162 Posts
I was going to say you are about to get Rickey started. But it's too late. Rickey already fired back.

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
All you need to do is link the two factory plates with a piece of tubing from the air valve,,, done,,,, easy

·
Registered
31 Posts
I have the two map selector switch coming also so when I run on the dyno I will switch to map 2 that is a zero map and see how it reads but every bikes fuel pump is different.

·
my own worst enemy
233 Posts
Define better? More expensive? I've used M4 products on several of my race bikes and although I'm not a fan of the noise their GP style slip ons make quality has never been an issue, especially considering the price point?

Are there build quality issues with the M4 Street Slayer that haven't been brought up on this forum?
Are there build quality issues with two brothers? Nope, but both are as appealing to the eye as a hooker with cold sores. I'm not saying you should drop the $ for an austin, but leave the shit tier cans on gixxers.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Are there build quality issues with two brothers? Nope, but both are as appealing to the eye as a hooker with cold sores. I'm not saying you should drop the $ for an austin, but leave the shit tier cans on gixxers.
Thanks for confirming my theory. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
31 Posts
My list would be 1 Austin racing 2 m4 street slayer 3 taylormade 4 graves the rest are ugly as a euro tail.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts