Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys

Found this site while looking around the net for similar minded people. I recently purchased a 2013 zx10r abs black and white and i have to say so far it is way better than what i was riding previously, "Cough Ninja 250 Cough".

So great to be here. Also if anyone know of a mod i can use with no to much wiring to make the headlights both light up when on low beam. I don't know if this is possible without you HID / Xenon lights. but would like to know.

Cheers

Adam

·
Registered
269 Posts
Welcome Fellow '13 Black and White Rider. Big jump form the 250 so treat her with some respect whilst you get used to it.
Get a suspension tune ASAP best $70 odd you will spend getting it done. Fingers crossed you will not need to change spring on the rear.
This is on the to do list for me since I am a big arse rider of 95Kg I have also maxed out all the settings on the back so I need a re-valve and shims on the valves to get the bike to handle the way I like it.

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
Welcome:beer: not sure if the wiring is the same as the gen 3, if you figure it or let us know! Plus the graves exhaust is the best bang for your buck imo!!!

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the replys

Cheers guys

I look into a suspension tune -AK-. Also how do you find the 3 (technically) 4 traction control setting. Plus I've been treating her real nice. I also am a heavy set rider more around 110 kg. But she has no trouble with me on her at all.

And for the wiring no idea if its the same as gen 3 i would assume most of it should be seeing how its a winning design but will let you know. Im thinking something with relays in it. Also i wonder if you can get dual voltage normal lights?.

Cheers

Adam

·
Registered
28 Posts
Huge jump in power

But a great bike to have just make sure to ease your way into it. Do you mind if I ask you how much you paid for it?

·
Registered
298 Posts
:welcome: to the forum! Beautiful kawi you got there.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Cheers guys

I look into a suspension tune -AK-. Also how do you find the 3 (technically) 4 traction control setting. Plus I've been treating her real nice. I also am a heavy set rider more around 110 kg. But she has no trouble with me on her at all.

And for the wiring no idea if its the same as gen 3 i would assume most of it should be seeing how its a winning design but will let you know. Im thinking something with relays in it. Also i wonder if you can get dual voltage normal lights?.

Cheers

Adam
Mate I am 95 Kg and its bouncing me out of the seat on certain bumps. My guy that tunes it wants to tune it more and has no adjustment left on any of the rebound or compression settings in the rear.
The front is amazing now.

I leave my traction control on 2 and power on full. TC3 is to sensitive IMO the only time I tend to dial it down to power 3 TC 3 is when its raining.
As for the lights I leave mine alone but I did replace the globes with http://www.narva.com.au/products/browse/performance-globes Plus 100's gave me greater distance and more light for a fraction of the price of HID's

·
Registered
269 Posts
We only get the ABS model in the land of Australia and since were a small country we pay higher for our bikes and parts as well :( my 2013 as the OP was AU19K ride way.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Welcome mate, looks alright in white and black.
Got mine for $16990 ride away june last year, local dealer had $3000 kawasaki cash back and end of financial year $1500 off, too good to turn up!

·
Registered
1 Posts
New to this forum.

I just got my gen 4 zx10r of course. I have a question about the undertail. Does anyone sell plugs to cover the holes after removing the temp fender from the factory and if so have a link to go to???????????

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
Get the hotbodies fender delete Tag holder, it fits perfectly and fills those holes

·
ZX-10R enthusiast
6,556 Posts
I just got my gen 4 zx10r of course. I have a question about the undertail. Does anyone sell plugs to cover the holes after removing the temp fender from the factory and if so have a link to go to???????????
You should be able to find black furniture plugs at a Home Improvement store. That's what I ended up doing.

I did my own license plate relocate and just used 3M dual lock velcro...

Attachments

1 - 15 of 15 Posts