Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I already posted some pics in the gallery but just wanted to say hi. I just picked up the first gen a few weeks ago and now I'm just waiting for some warmer weather but so far I'm loving the bike.

I've had several gixxers but this is my first Kawi, here's a few pics and my last bike. The bike seems to already have every necessary mod done which is nice; full exhaust/cbr front brakes/ brembo mc/ ohlins shock & damper but if anyone has any other recommendations let me know. I was thinking of some rim tape but honestly don't know any colors that would suit it.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,653 Posts
Great looking bikes!

1/5 throttle mod!
Pm member "rifleman", he sells em, $25 very well spent and super easy to install

I'd cut a few 8nches off that pipe too, but that's just me...

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
Welcome, Nice gen1.... I'd make sure to inspect the frame for cracks, if you do a search on here there are threads about it with pics and location of the cracks if the frame has any.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys!

Thanks for the tips I did hear some stories about these frames so I did an inspection and couldn't notice any cracks so I think I'm good there. I will most likely change the throttle I used the r6 throttle on GSXR which made a huge difference.

Nice bike BTW!

·
Registered
37 Posts
Good looking bike, I love the color. I went with gold rim tape and a few gold accents levers and bar ends after blacking everything else out (engines cases and pegs etc.).

One other thing you could do is the sprockets, I did just -1 in front and the bike really responded to it, most do -1 front +2 rear and seem to be happy.

IMG_20160402_161941.jpg

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Sorry that Gixxer is long gone. The gearing will probably be changed when I do the chain soon, it looks like it's seen better days so I was thinking -1 or 2 up.

I took some advice and chopped the can today. I only took about 4 inches off, I didn't want to interfere with the decal or make it too loud. What do you guys think?

Attachments

·
Registered
71 Posts
Sorry that Gixxer is long gone. The gearing will probably be changed when I do the chain soon, it looks like it's seen better days so I was thinking -1 or 2 up.

I took some advice and chopped the can today. I only took about 4 inches off, I didn't want to interfere with the decal or make it too loud. What do you guys think?
Was that a K5 gixxer 1k? Can you give a brief comparison of both?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts