Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello, new to the forum,I recently upgraded from my 05 6RR to a leftover,0 mile 2006 ZX10 solar yellow,I put an arrow half system,bmc street filter,pclll but need a map soooooo bad,dynojet recommended two bros bolt on map,not so good,running akro bolt-on now-better,also any info on dealing with handle bar vibes would be great.Thanks

·
Registered
11,624 Posts
:welcome:

You should try the search function to look for most any answers you need regarding performance and modifications. There is a wealth of information available on this forum all at the touch of your fingers. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
it was a kawasaki 6RR,I had a 2000 R1 years back,also 2 ZX7R(98,03),road the 6 over the weekend with wife as pass.felt like i was driving a big wheel,if anyone is from mass do you know of a good dyno shop.

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
having a hard time finding heavy bar ends, the ones i find say 2005 only,also do you mean remove the bar end and slide lead strips into bars? thanks again for time and help

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i installed gel pro grips,helped some,years of being an auto tech has destroyed my hands.you say just put bbs in the bars???

·
Registered
322 Posts
:welcome::welcome::welcome::eek:ccasion1:thumbsup: Let us know if you try anything you get from here and if it works. Welcome to the .NET

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
can some tell how exactly you add the tube of BBs to the bars,pics if possible. Am I to slide tubing through threaded insert in the bars????seems like a quick easy thing to try. Thanks guys/gals

·
Registered
180 Posts
having a hard time finding heavy bar ends, the ones i find say 2005 only,also do you mean remove the bar end and slide lead strips into bars? thanks again for time and help
Yes. I suffered from vibe on my 05 and could not find any bar ends heavy enough so i removed my bar ends and rolled up some lead and stuffed it up the bars making sure a tigth fit but i also made sure i could hook it out if necessary problem solved

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
akro v.s beet

have an 06 and have an arrow half system(cans and y-pipe)and was toying with going to a full system. thinking maybe akro evo or beet,i know it's a personal opinion but does anyone have any input on these two pipes..thanks

·
MIdlife PIMP
3,459 Posts
I know what ya mean about being a auto tech with bad hands!.mine go numb after about a half an hour!.......I just ring my hands out and keep riding!.....I am gonna try the rolled up lead and gel grips too!........thanks Kenny!!...........and welcome to the site Diesel!!.........best kawi forum on the web!!.......

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
removed my barends and stuffed some stick-on wheel weight strips up into each bar,about 1.75 oz. helped some,but believe i need to try and get more weight in.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts