Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks everyone!

I have drove through GA on route 129 but didn't make it to The Dragon. I thought I was the only one riding in this cold weather but when I got up in the hills I found that not to be the case.

·
Guilty by association
8,751 Posts
looking good man, welcome to the site. got any plans for your new bike?

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
looking good man, welcome to the site. got any plans for your new bike?

Nothing really outstanding. I want to fine tune the suspension for my weight and driving habits. The bike seems to be fine right now because I'm still wet behind the ears and not laying it down in the curves. I've been reading up on how to properly set the bike up. Also been reading about the Ohlins rear shock on Ohlins website. It seems to be a piece of art... lol!

I checked the current settings on the front forks.

Preload is 13mm (17mm is standard)
Rebound is 4 clicks (10 is standard)
Compression is 14 clicks (10 is standard)
Tires are set at 36/42psi

I thinking about getting a Vortex spin on gas cap. I have found that the original caps get corroded and becomes harder to open as time rolls on. Mine is starting to get the white powder look around the key opening. I like the Lightech gas caps also.

Looking at rear seat covers also.

Other than riding apparel that's about it. I'm waiting on a Alpinestars Helius leather jacket at the moment. Still have not made up my mind on the pants. I like the Alpinestars pants but wanting something I can take off when I get to work without having to remove my work boots like over pants. Full leg length zippers on the legs with knee and hip protection would be nice. I don't know what I'm going to do about summer time pants because the over pants will be to big for just khaki shorts underneath. Protection is what I'm after even in the hot summer time. Already got the Alpine gloves.

Anything you might recommend feel free to tell me.

·
^^No Bike Bum^^
2,138 Posts
:welcome: ...... gald to see more SC riders on here!!!!!!

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
:welcome: ...... gald to see more SC riders on here!!!!!!
I rode my bike to work this morning in 17 degree weather. Everyone was looking at me crazy :dontknow:

I will admit that my breath was freezing on the inside of my helmet. :badteeth:

Thanks for the welcome everyone!!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts