Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

So heres my story- I woke up at 6:30AM in Pittsburgh and drove my 06 R6 155 miles east (temp was 40-50degrees the whole way and straight highway, ride totally sucked). By the end of the day i sold the r6 to a friend from HS and I'm the new owner of a ZX10. I drove GSXR 1000's and R1's a decent bit and was dead set on an R1 until i took this ZX10 for a test drive at around noon. Something just clicked and the magic three letter word came into mind- "BUY". For all of you other owners, just a few questions. My R6 was pretty user friendly for maintenance and work. Some stuff was a major pain but if you had allen wrenches and a few beers, you could pretty much get any job done (besides major engine work). Is the ZX10 also similar or are they're different features that make the bike more tricky to work on. Also, what are some mods you guys put on yours that has made for a more enjoyable ride? My bike is bone stock and Im getting a fender eliminator but other than i wanted to hear some input. Are there any problems that seem unanimous among a wide group of others? mine has 4100 miles on it and runs and looks like a dream so i prob wouldn't see them now but for farther down the road. My first bike was a Kawi KLR 250 i got back in senior year of high school, and after today, it feels great to back on one.

·
Premium Member
9,188 Posts
:welcome: Mandrews!

Let's see a pic of that beast! Can't say that a 10R is any harder to work on them your average bike.

·
The Pace
7,164 Posts
If you ride buy the extended for the 10r from this dealer:

Contact - D & H CYCLE

call them to make sure that their fee is still excellent and check address as they want a check in the snail.

All this bike needs is the graves can and the fender eliminator but keep the oem stuff just in case you need it in the future.

Met rr 55 rear and the bridgestone rs10-G front.

Don't do anything else. The bike will love you.

edit: one more thing is you actually listen to the above and run the met rr on rear. The oem rear sprocket is very good BUT when you change out go vortex as, at this point, I'm believing that they are FAR stronger than the others for one real world reason: met rr grips so put pressure on that rear sproc. No spin equates to longer cheap sprocket life. Vortex appears to handle the met rr, np. Remember this now or you'll remember it when you pair a crapo sprocket with the met rr.

·
Registered
481 Posts
:welcome:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts