Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just saying Howdy. I recenlty bought a 2006 ZX10R with less than 300 miles on it. It is a pristine example that had been stored in a climate controlled garage.

Two Bros Single CF exhaust
Throttle Meister Cruise Control

I changed the oil/filter and have already put 300 miles on it. Love everything about it, except the brakes. I have already ordered a set of CBR1000RR calipers off of eBay (with SS lines already attached!).

I will use the search function and learn what I can. Great site from the lurking I have been doing...except for that whole cutting the frame thing that one dude did.

Staton

·
Registered
4,818 Posts
Just saying Howdy. I recenlty bought a 2006 ZX10R with less than 300 miles on it. It is a pristine example that had been stored in a climate controlled garage.

I changed the oil/filter and have already put 300 miles on it. Love everything about it, except the brakes. I have already ordered a set of CBR1000RR calipers off of eBay (with SS lines already attached!).

I will use the search function and learn what I can. Great site from the lurking I have been doing...except for that whole cutting the frame thing that one dude did.

Staton
Welcome. :welcome:

Are the Honda lines the same as the 10's? :dontknow:

Go put some miles on that bad boy.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Welcome, same neck o the woods. Good site here with cool peeps and great info. What kind of riding do you do, is this ur first bike? Check the local forums for meet & greetsif u like that stuff. Going to one tonight at bw3's on hwy 6 west of 59, bout 8:30 if ur interested.

Enjoy the bike, good choice.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Welcome, same neck o the woods. Good site here with cool peeps and great info. What kind of riding do you do, is this ur first bike? Check the local forums for meet & greetsif u like that stuff. Going to one tonight at bw3's on hwy 6 west of 59, bout 8:30 if ur interested.

Enjoy the bike, good choice.
Thanks for the welcome. I would join you tonight, but have family plans.

I usually ride track days at GSS on my KTM450SMR, or with LSTD or RideSmart at TWS or Cresson. I also ride with TSBA for SMR's to Fayetville, or 3090, etc. I also have been taking trips to the Hill Country (Bandera, Kerrville, or Leakey) since late 1999 and still do, although not as much as I would like.

Not my first bike, I have had quite a few. I usually ride older bikes (Eyetalian) and like to fix up the suspension to more modern standards. This is my first "newer" liter bike I have owned. I am really impressed with this bike overall (except the brakes).

I do post up on Motohouston, TWT, and TSBA. Recenlty joined some of the other boards, but don't really post much there.

Thanks,
Staton

·
Registered
744 Posts
Always nice to greet a fellow texan.:welcome:

I thought my '06 had low miles.... WOW, what was price if you don't mind sharing?

·
Registered
394 Posts
Thanks for the welcome. I would join you tonight, but have family plans.

I usually ride track days at GSS on my KTM450SMR, or with LSTD or RideSmart at TWS or Cresson. I also ride with TSBA for SMR's to Fayetville, or 3090, etc. I also have been taking trips to the Hill Country (Bandera, Kerrville, or Leakey) since late 1999 and still do, although not as much as I would like.

Not my first bike, I have had quite a few. I usually ride older bikes (Eyetalian) and like to fix up the suspension to more modern standards. This is my first "newer" liter bike I have owned. I am really impressed with this bike overall (except the brakes).

I do post up on Motohouston, TWT, and TSBA. Recenlty joined some of the other boards, but don't really post much there.

Thanks,
Staton
Nice, my avatar is from GSS two weeks ago at the first clockwise day. Im on MH & HPC, and do a few of those rides here and there as well. I'm sure we'll run into each other eventually, holler at me if we do. White Shoei Tamada helmet, can't miss me on the stealth ninja.

Later.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Nice, my avatar is from GSS two weeks ago at the first clockwise day. Im on MH & HPC, and do a few of those rides here and there as well. I'm sure we'll run into each other eventually, holler at me if we do. White Shoei Tamada helmet, can't miss me on the stealth ninja.

Later.
Cool beans. I was there. KTM motard with white plastics. Motor went "boom" second session. :sad:

I've got the same user name on MH.

I'll see you at the track. :thumbsup:

·
Licensed Dist of HaterAde
11,423 Posts
Welcome to the forum fellow lone star resident!!! good to have ya aboard man and nice ride!! the lines from the CBR should fit your 10 with no issues, the only difference between the lines from say a 1996 gsxr srad 600 and my 04' 10 is the length maybe (just for an example)..other than that, just make sure you have the right banjo bolts and your good to go, you'll LOVE the caliper upgrade!!!!!!! enjoy the site man and this is the bestest kawi and 10r forum around, hands down...stay safe out there and maybe i'll see ya around some time?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Are we long lost brothers? I just did the exact same thing today. Got a killer deal on an 06 ZX10R. I am on the east side if your ever out this way.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Cool beans. I was there. KTM motard with white plastics. Motor went "boom" second session. :sad:

I've got the same user name on MH.

I'll see you at the track. :thumbsup:
Cool, you gonna be there on the 13th? I may swing by for some parade laps.

·
Gun Owning Republican
5,278 Posts

Staton
Welcome! Thanks for doing the brakes...That will make your ride that much better. Lots of cool peeps here and lots of info. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
73 Posts
:welcome:

1 - 20 of 26 Posts