Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am riding at spring mountain motorsport park this weekend. I ride a gen 4 with the usual mods. I put jri/ gp suspension on and ride in the fast group. I'm about top 12 here laptimes wise. This is my first time running with the gen 5. I can't believe how Fucking fast these bikes are. It walks my gen 4 on the straight away and is strong on corner exits. If you are on the fence about which one to buy....Gen 5 is the business for track use. I mean.....Holy cow. I am coveting....

·
Registered
136 Posts
Agreed...

One of our members on a Gen 5 just put down a 9.80 @ 152 mph!
210lb rider..

Still breaking in my new Gen 5 and the damb thing keeps pulling me off the seat.

:nerd:

·
OMG Look at that squid!!
2,595 Posts
I must agree, it's a whole new bike in terms of top end power and chassis. I rode again yesterday and the damn thing in stock form is ridiculous. I will say anything under 7K seems very soft. But, hit 8K and you better have a firm grip on the tank. I cannot imagine what this thing will feel like after a flash.

On some back roads yesterday I did notice the bars wagging several times. I really want to "like" the electronic damper, but I simply cannot. I'm afraid it's going to have to go. At least looking at it, swapping out the damper for a real deal Ohlins will be cake.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts