Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone. I am a new zx10 owner. I have been trying to find some info out on my bike. I picked it up the other night and it is a 1990 and on it says zx10r. How do i find out for sure if it is a zx10 or a zx10r? And what exactly does the "r" stand for? Any help would be appreciative. Thanks.

·
Registered
3,561 Posts
Welcome.
Yours is the ZX10 version.
The first ZX10R came out in 2004. 14 years after your ZX10 was produced.
My guess is a previous owner stuck the "r" on your bike.
Nice bike though but with questionable handling. Been told "handles like an elephant on skates". LOL

·
Registered
971 Posts
Welcome.
Yours is the ZX10 version.
The first ZX10R came out in 2004. 14 years after your ZX10 was produced.
My guess is a previous owner stuck the "r" on your bike.
Nice bike though but with questionable handling. Been told "handles like an elephant on skates". LOL
Firstly... :welcome:

Secondly....:bitchslap Bkk... Way to go and make the new guy all happy and fuzzy about his new ride...

·
Registered
531 Posts
Hey everyone. I am a new zx10 owner. I have been trying to find some info out on my bike. I picked it up the other night and it is a 1990 and on it says zx10r. How do i find out for sure if it is a zx10 or a zx10r? And what exactly does the "r" stand for? Any help would be appreciative. Thanks.

Welcom to the site un4givon!! :thumbsup:

How about some pics and more details on your 10? I'd like to hear more about the 90's zx10.

·
MIdlife PIMP
3,459 Posts
:welcome::welcome::welcome::thumbsup::eek:ccasion1

·
Registered
848 Posts
Welcome. I want to ride a old school Kaw to see what it feels like. Never rode a bike produced before 1999. Would be nice to see how far bikes have come (power & handling wise).

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Well, to be honest, I just took it out tonight for the first time. This bike is sick fast. Ive only ridden a 600cc before and I have to say, I am getting that adrenaline rush all over again.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts