Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello! I am the proud owner of a new, 2006 ZX-10R that is Pearl Solar Yellow in color. Yeah, that's right, a new, 2006. I bought it from Cycle World of Cherry Hill, NJ on 6/29. They got it from another local dealer that went out of business and were offering it for a great price after the $2,500 rebate. Originally, I was going to get a 2008 ZX-6R, but I decided to get the ZX-10R for $700 more. What "sealed the deal" on getting the ZX-10R was when a friend of a friend let me ride his R1 a few days prior to make sure I was comfortable riding a liter-bike...I loved it. My prior riding experience has been 2-years on a 2005 Ninja 250R (put 6,100-miles on it) and the last 14-months on a 2007 Ninja 650R (put 1,500-miles on it). Since Kawasaki was offering awesome rebates on 2009 and prior year bikes, I felt it was a good time to take the next step. I logged over 120-miles on the ride home -- going through downtown Philly in order to break-in the engine before getting on the interstate. My wrists and neck are just a little bit sore, but I'll get use to that. Unfortunately, I don't get to ride much, but I look forward to riding the ZX-10R every chance I get. Take care, and ride safely!

·
Licensed Dist of HaterAde
11,423 Posts
:welcome: to the forum man, glad to hear you got a good deal on your 10!!!!! now where's the pics of the ol' girl at?:hello:

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Thanks, gentlemen! Here are some quick pics using my iPhone...

I took these pictures with my iPhone at 8:50 p.m. -- right after pulling in the driveway from getting it --, so there was low light conditions. I plan on cleaning it up a little more and taking some good pictures with my Olympus digital camera. I'm not sure why the pictures are coming out so large in this post.

Anybody else with an '06/'07 in Pearl Solar Yellow?

Attachments

·
Team Green Baby!
2013 MV Agusta Brutale 1090RR
1,519 Posts
Welcome. Yea, you have to resize the pic to a lower resolution. I normally use MS Office Picture Manager. But wow, there's still brand new '06s left??? You must of gotten a real real good deal. LOL. Sweet bike btw, happy modding! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks, ShinobiZXR! Yeah, a 2006 still laying around. They had a blue, 2007 for $300 more. I like the yellow. It is different.

I figured that was the problem with the pics. I will try to re-size the pictures...probably not tonight though.

Mine didn't come with the "ZX-10R" badging on the rear. I don't mind it not being there, but I wonder why. I'm sure it was put on at the factory.

·
Registered
890 Posts
Welcome irish ,, Good group of Guys/gals here. They will help out any way they can and even though it is a ZX10R specific forum , you wont find ass holes bashing other bikes or being brand Blind idiots . We ALL want kawasaki to do better in WSB but no one here is making excuses for them .

BTW ironically I JUST wrote a thread on motorcycles markets and how they change in different aeas ( general forum) Irish what made you drive 100-200 miles to Cherry hill to buy a bike ? IRISH being from Pa and Buying s bike near me, tell me if you think the article is spot on and what your area is like for buying bikes ( not great I guess lol)
IRISH again welcome and feel free to ask anything -Especially aftermarket parts deals these guys have done there homework . Speaking of that If you are going to add any carbon fiber - MDI-carbonfiber , its a european company , not much more than the crappy chinese carbon( if you can call it that 1/2 isnt carbon )in price but great quality AND has the thick U/V coating . On par with the geman Carbon but 1/2-1/4 the price .

·
Registered
4 Posts
irishfan; Mine didn't come with the "ZX-10R" badging on the rear. I don't mind it not being there said:
i think its in the prep at the dealership.my 05 green bike that i bought new. does have the zx10r or the ninja. get home and relize it and they said bring it in and they would put it on. but i didnt i like thr clean look.i from chambersburg pa.i have a 09 and 05 we have a little zx10r group if you ever get down this way to ride with us. their 12 of us

Attachments

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Lets Ride Sometime

i think its in the prep at the dealership.my 05 green bike that i bought new. does have the zx10r or the ninja. get home and relize it and they said bring it in and they would put it on. but i didnt i like thr clean look.i from chambersburg pa.i have a 09 and 05 we have a little zx10r group if you ever get down this way to ride with us. their 12 of us
Glad to hear my ZX-10R is not the only one to come without the stickers on the tail. The dealership was 125-miles away from my house, and the bike was not even there. It was at their warehouse about 10-minutes down the road, since they had acquired it from a nearby dealership that went out of business. I got their with check in hand. I was expecting to see the bike before doing all the paperwork (buying it), but it didn't work out that way. After the paperwork was done, they finally pulled the bike around to the front of the dealership about 10-minutes later. That was the first time I saw it. With the bike being a brand new 2006, my main concern was making sure the 4-year old tires were in good shape and there were no dents, scratches, etc. from setting around a while. I didn't even notice the ZX-10R stickers were not on the tail. A friend did when I got it home. It is no big deal, since I too like clean looking bikes. You'd think that would be done at the factory rather than the dealership though.

I'm in Hanover, PA, which is an hour away. Let me know via PM anytime your ZX-10R group rides, and, hopefully, I can hook-up with you. As I new ZX-10R owner, I'd like to meet some ZX-10R owners to discuss their experience with the bike, etc. Typically, when I ride with others, it is with people who I met years ago on the Ninja 250 forum. They are a good group of guys. Many still have their 250s as well as other "bigger" bikes. Two of the guys live within 30-minutes of me, so they are who I typically ride with when I have a chance to do group rides. Take care!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks to All of You for the Welcoming Me!

I look forward to enjoying my new ZX-10R and being a member of this forum.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Mpg

twidget,

I see you are averaging 27-MPG. On my first fill-up, which was on the way home from the dealership -- you'd think they'd give me a full tank considering they knew I had a 125-mile ride ahead of me --, the bike got 37-MPG. I thought that was great, and I'm sure it will improve, and I can get it into the low 40s if I ride it conservatively. :wink:

Do you ride the bike pretty hard?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts