Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all! New owner of a KRT edition 2016 ZX-10R. I was looking for a RR to match my other 2008 ZX6R special edition.....butt I got a good deal on a really low milage machine from a local dealer with what I feel were some solid parts. The previous owner supposedly scared himself off the bike. Judging by the spray painted windscreen and heel guards he was a cheap bastard, aside from a decent sounding full pipe. I have already dumped some money into some carbon fiber with that being the first goal. Finish the bike in carbon, it's definitely not everyone's cup of tea but I really want the bike covered. I've never smiled as hard as I did when I left the dealership that day.... And I bought it in a thunderstorm. Lol well it didn't start out that way but by the time I picked up the bike it was pouring out of nowhere. (If I knew I would have picked it up in my truck. Lol) I was building 350zs and 370zs for the last 12ish years and am kinda still involved w those forums as well. Sooo as soon and I learn all the rules I'm hoping to feel right at home. The ZX6R forum seemed to die in 2013-14 area. Not much info. Plus all the threads just stop w no answers. I'll attach a few pics and probably lurk for a while until I feel the vibe out. Im kind of a vulgar pile of shit and that doesn't always rub people the right way. Well I hope to talk/bullshit with all of you in the future.

Attachments

·
ZX-10R enthusiast
6,556 Posts
Welcome to the forums, I just came back myself after a 3 yr hiatus. Just picked up a 2016 Carbon Gray ABS.

Be warned, that M4 GP exhaust pipe is going to make your ears bleed :hello:

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Welcome to this dysfunctional family!
Hey thanks man. I do appreciate it. Im seeing Brooklyn maybe a ride in the future? Lol I've been looking for jobs down in the heights. I currently live in Utica New York but I have been going down there for job interviews and stuff every so often on the weekends.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Welcome to the forums, I just came back myself after a 3 yr hiatus. Just picked up a 2016 Carbon Gray ABS.

Be warned, that M4 GP exhaust pipe is going to make your ears bleed <a href="http://Zx-10r.net/forum/images/smilies/smilies/hello.gif" border="0" alt="" title="Hello" >:)</a>
Yes sir, it is. Lol on my ZX6R I could hear the headwave tāg helmet speaker..not even a option on the 10. The carbon gray is sick I almost bought an SE with 7000 miles on it for the same price.... The mileage is what did it for me though.

·
ZX-10R enthusiast
6,556 Posts
Yes sir, it is. Lol on my ZX6R I could hear the headwave tāg helmet speaker..not even a option on the 10. The carbon gray is sick I almost bought an SE with 7000 miles on it for the same price.... The mileage is what did it for me though.
If you are in the market for a replacement pipe that isn't as loud, there's a nice lightly used Graves for sale here https://www.zx-10r.net/forum/f25/graves-slip-woolich-tuner-350885.html

Also, has the dealer performed the gearbox re-call yet? If not, I would highly recommend you do that ASAP.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If you are in the market for a replacement pipe that isn't as loud, there's a nice lightly used Graves for sale here https://www.zx-10r.net/forum/f25/graves-slip-woolich-tuner-350885.html

Also, has the dealer performed the gearbox re-call yet? If not, I would highly recommend you do that ASAP.
I do absolutely love the sound. I don't think if be able to part with it yet. I think the speakers just lame now...lol. I did make sure it was taken care of. I even checked another dealer and had them run the VIN to make sure. Interesting side note, I also got the CCT fixed for free. I heard a very slight noise, nothing compared to how my ZX6R CCT acted or sounded. I couldn't even replicate the noise yesterday at the dealership. Turns out there's a Tsb not a recall. If a customer complains it gets fixed for free if not it gets left alone. I love the factKawasaki will stand behind their products.

·
Registered
460 Posts
Hey if your interested I have a set of carbon fiber heel guards for your bike. I bought them and just decided to replace the rearsets so I no longer have a need for them and they have never been mounted on the bike. I paid $40 with shipping and I would sell for the same.

Welcome by the way! You have a great bike!

Attachments

·
ZX-10R enthusiast
6,556 Posts
I do absolutely love the sound. I don't think if be able to part with it yet. I think the speakers just lame now...lol. I did make sure it was taken care of. I even checked another dealer and had them run the VIN to make sure. Interesting side note, I also got the CCT fixed for free. I heard a very slight noise, nothing compared to how my ZX6R CCT acted or sounded. I couldn't even replicate the noise yesterday at the dealership. Turns out there's a Tsb not a recall. If a customer complains it gets fixed for free if not it gets left alone. I love the factKawasaki will stand behind their products.
Different strokes for different folks! That pipe would be way too loud for me. I hate riding next to people in the group with those pipes haha!

I brought mine in yesterday for the gearbox recall and they informed me they will inspect the CCT and determine if it's in need of servicing. I know at some point it will likely need to be adjusted.

Does anyone here have a link to a pdf of the CCT TSB?

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
14,346 Posts
Welcome to the party pal! You should fit right in with this group. Especially owning a KRT version. We're all a little wackier than the others, but that the way we like it. You're in good company!

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Welcome to the party pal! You should fit right in with this group. Especially owning a KRT version. We're all a little wackier than the others, but that the way we like it. You're in good company!
Hell yeah man! Thank you! My350z was a rough forum where everyone rashes everyone Soo I figured I couldnt be to far off after reading the new owners beware section. Hilarious, but true. I've been there answering the same questions over and ova!

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Different strokes for different folks! That pipe would be way too loud for me. I hate riding next to people in the group with those pipes haha!

I brought mine in yesterday for the gearbox recall and they informed me they will inspect the CCT and determine if it's in need of servicing. I know at some point it will likely need to be adjusted.

Does anyone here have a link to a pdf of the CCT TSB?
I'll look around for one for you. Killing time at work anyways currently. I do have a newbie question where can I grab a service manual? The dealership said 2016- present version is on backorder and $133 and the older versions $76 ? Is there really a difference?

·
ZX-10R enthusiast
6,556 Posts
I'll look around for one for you. Killing time at work anyways currently. I do have a newbie question where can I grab a service manual? The dealership said 2016- present version is on backorder and $133 and the older versions $76 ? Is there really a difference?
You can download the pdf here https://www.zx-10r.net/forum/1436374-post1.html

As far as paperback, not sure what to tell you. Shop around. Big difference in Gen4-Gen5. You'll for sure need a 2016+ manual

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
You can download the pdf here https://www.zx-10r.net/forum/1436374-post1.html

As far as paperback, not sure what to tell you. Shop around. Big difference in Gen4-Gen5. You'll for sure need a 2016+ manual
. Thank you

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Welcome to this dysfunctional family!
Hey thanks man. I do appreciate it. Im seeing Brooklyn maybe a ride in the future? Lol I've been looking for jobs down in the heights. I currently live in Utica New York but I have been going down there for job interviews and stuff every so often on the weekends.
Job what field?
I drive truck for a heavy Construction Company. So I've been looking at anything related. Basically, looking for a good earnings vs cost of living type of position. My wife is so set on Brooklyn heights.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I drive truck for a heavy Construction Company. So I've been looking at anything related. Basically, looking for a good earnings vs cost of living type of position. My wife is so set on Brooklyn heights.
I wish you luck with parking and bike storage in Brooklyn Heights sir.....
yeah I don't get why everybody puts their stuff... I'm perfectly okay with commuting into the city. I'm more or less I'm just browsing trying to figure it out. It's about A 3 hour drive from family and we both love it there.

·
Registered
526 Posts
yeah I don't get why everybody puts their stuff... I'm perfectly okay with commuting into the city. I'm more or less I'm just browsing trying to figure it out. It's about A 3 hour drive from family and we both love it there.
That location is very expensive and tight in terms of personal vehicles. If i were to more anywhere in nyc metro, I'd do Park Slope, Sheepshead Bay, maybe Midwood. But all those mentioned areas are like 45 min by Subway to midtown Manhattan.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
That location is very expensive and tight in terms of personal vehicles. If i were to more anywhere in nyc metro, I'd do Park Slope, Sheepshead Bay, maybe Midwood. But all those mentioned areas are like 45 min by Subway to midtown Manhattan.
yeah, we def need to explore the area more.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts