Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Like the looks even better than the new 10! Pretty sweet bike. I had an 07 and was very smooth and comfortable. Thoughts?

Attachments

·
Guilty by association
8,751 Posts
maybe in 20 or 30 years ill get one.

·
Registered
247 Posts
I have to disagree with you. When the Z1000 came out it was a naked sportbike / streetfighter. Look what it has become. It's more of a touring bike now. What streetfighter has saddle bags?? Also the Z1000 should have just a small bit of fairings IMO. I thought about a Z1000 a couple years down the road, but the 2010 is looking like the only year I would pick up. I attached a picture so you can compair the two. The 2010 is even a little more touring style than I like, but its not as bad as the new one.

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have to disagree with you. When the Z1000 came out it was a naked sportbike / streetfighter. Look what it has become. It's more of a touring bike now. What streetfighter has saddle bags?? Also the Z1000 should have just a small bit of fairings IMO. I thought about a Z1000 a couple years down the road, but the 2010 is looking like the only year I would pick up. I attached a picture so you can compair the two. The 2010 is even a little more touring style than I like, but its not as bad as the new one.
The 2011 Z1000 is the same bike as 2010. The picture that the OP put is a Ninja 1000.

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Ninja 1000Sx.$500 more than the Z with full fairing,ZX6R front fender and dash,5 spoke wheels,bigger gas tank,optional luggage(check Aus or UK sites)adjustable windscreen,wider more plush seat.This is for the guy that wants a 10r but wants to actually get on his bike and road trip it.:badteeth:F&^king cool!!!!!!!!!

·
Gun Owning Republican
5,278 Posts
I like that new bike and the Z1000 looks awesome. One thing is for sure, they look very comfy and the Z1000 feels nice for me as I turn 40 this November.

·
Registered
443 Posts
I honestly believe this is a GREAT product KHI is putting out. I sell them for a living and there are so many middle aged folks that come in that want a literbike but don't want the aggressive ergonomics. Then I show them a z1000 and they want a windscreen. This is the first bike out there that will fill that niche and i'm greatful for it!

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
I'd kinda like to have one and I'm only 23!!! But I appreciate trips since there's nowhere around here worth riding within 3 hours.

·
Guilty by association
8,751 Posts
I'd kinda like to have one and I'm only 23!!! But I appreciate trips since there's nowhere around here worth riding within 3 hours.
I appreciate when you take trips too:heyyou::lol:

·
Guilty by association
8,751 Posts
there is such a thing as too drunk? haha, now were talking:eek:ccasion1

·
Registered
190 Posts
2005 is the best i like the fulll naked. i dont like that at all.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Looks like shit, but they are catering to a European market. What I wanna see is a return to the street fighter look. GS-1150E meets, Monster meets Speed Tripple.

This type of Sport Touring Standard is just to busy looking for my taste. I prefer the minimalistic look.

·
Registered
399 Posts
I rode one of the Ninja 1000 / Z1000SXes today. Great bike. It's going to be added to my stable ASAP. The adjustable windscreen, ergos, power, extra fuel capacity, etc. etc. It's going to be a big seller for Kawasaki. It's very very nice.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts