Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,360 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Curiousity killing the cat, about how much power are the new VMax's putting out on dyno's around you? I only ask for a comparison purpose, between my bike and an 09 VMax that was running half pump gas and half 110 VP.

·
La Flama Blanca
7,730 Posts
who cares, the thing weighs like 700lbs, the BKing destroys it

·
Registered
3,360 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
who cares, the thing weighs like 700lbs, the BKing destroys it
:rolleyes:

Like I said, curiousity, I'm well aware it's a pig that well...I guess it's not too bad. I don't really care for the VMax, BKing, V-Rod, etc., just wanted some real answers for a numbers comparison, sorry if that bothers you I guess.:dontknow:

·
La Flama Blanca
7,730 Posts
:rolleyes:

Like I said, curiousity, I'm well aware it's a pig that well...I guess it's not too bad. I don't really care for the VMax, BKing, V-Rod, etc., just wanted some real answers for a numbers comparison, sorry if that bothers you I guess.:dontknow:

No does not bother me, did not mean to come off like a ass:eek:ccasion1, I am sure that it puts out a good number. I for one can not understand how anyone can pay the price they are asking for one either, you have to special order it and it is like 17,500 or maybe even 19,500, can't remember

·
Registered
3,360 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No does not bother me, did not mean to come off like a ass:eek:ccasion1, I am sure that it puts out a good number. I for one can not understand how anyone can pay the price they are asking for one either, you have to special order it and it is like 17,500 or maybe even 19,500, can't remember
No problem, I probably would have said the same thing, I felt like a noob asking. Just the locals running their mouths..and old guy bought it and they thought they'd throw in some VP110 with the pump gas, and I'm pretty sure the 110 is oxygenated but not sure. His Vmax put down 167.5 and my 10R put down 163.66 while pulling 14.8-15.1:1 AFR all the way to redline.:headshake

So that's my story I guess...just looking for some insight as I live in what I like to call "eh" land, where Honda's are the fastest bikes on the planet and Two Bros and D&D pipes are the coolest ever.

·
La Flama Blanca
7,730 Posts
I had thoguht i remembered they were claiming that thing put out close to 200hp at the crank, but to be honest, It never interested me more than looking at the pictures of it in the mags, and they had one at the cycleworld show that had all carbon bodywork that looked kinda cool

·
Registered
3,360 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I had thoguht i remembered they were claiming that thing put out close to 200hp at the crank, but to be honest, It never interested me more than looking at the pictures of it in the mags, and they had one at the cycleworld show that had all carbon bodywork that looked kinda cool
Yeah, they claim 197, blah blah. I actually looked at it quite a bit when it came out, it really has a hell of a motor. It seems like it'd be fun to ride, but who wants to be seen riding a fat chick? Burnouts are as easy as twisting the throttle in 1st and 2nd gears, I guess that's about the only thrill you'll get out of it. The tire spinning is safer than the front wheel ejecting itself off the ground I suppose.:lol:

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
So they claim 197 and got 167 at the wheel....makes me wonder about the s1000rr claims as well.

I hear you sinner, there are a fair number of mouth flappers around here on vmax's too. Oddly enough, none of them ever come out to ride with me when I offer.

·
Registered
3,360 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
So they claim 197 and got 167 at the wheel....makes me wonder about the s1000rr claims as well.

I hear you sinner, there are a fair number of mouth flappers around here on vmax's too. Oddly enough, none of them ever come out to ride with me when I offer.
Ohh shittt..where's that thread of that guy who bought the brand new VMax and was running down sportbikes like it was nothing? He had some great stories...:badteeth:

197 with their claimed 15% loss is about right, Cycle World supposedly got 174 out of it on their dyno, but I dunno, just a stupid numbers game, but they're the only numbers I have to go off of, even though conditions still weren't close, and my rear tire was supposedly slipping on the drum, though I didn't notice that.

·
Registered
39 Posts
It is just a numbers game. Bragging rights for said bench racers. Give me a good rider on a bike with good numbers and they'll school an average rider with said publicated numbers. The rider makes the bike not the bike making the rider. "Rubber side down gentlemen" and ride within your game.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts