·
Registered
1,868 Posts
Discussion Starter #482

Reactions: theatiss

·
Registered
951 Posts
Hmm. I'm gonna be on the dyno on Tuesday if the weather is good. Maybe I'll do a back to back to see if I can confirm your results.

Reactions: BOOSTED

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
Discussion Starter #484
^Sounds good :)

·
Registered
685 Posts
Well, thats kinda normal right?? You buy something expecting the result promised and then find out it not only doesn't do what was promised, it makes things worse. The manufacturer then says oh, you have to test it in a certain way. Where if those parameters where disclosed prior to purchase, then you know what you are walking in to and I'm sure that alot of people wouldn't have felt ripped off...

Then, someone comes back and says hey, I tested mine normally and it works as claimed. Thats what was expected. And I would venture to say that it works better than the manufacturers claim because there wasn't air being forced into the intake.

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
Except it still doesn't work as claimed. Even if the 4 peak hp boost is there on everyone's test the original dyno chart showed definitive gains throughout the entire rev range except around a couple hundred rpms at 10,000 rpm at which it stayed the same as stock.

·
Registered
685 Posts
Except it still doesn't work as claimed. Even if the 4 peak hp boost is there on everyone's test the original dyno chart showed definitive gains throughout the entire rev range except around a couple hundred rpms at 10,000 rpm at which it stayed the same as stock.
Touche'... The posted charts on stock engined bikes is what I was referring to.

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
Discussion Starter #490
This is true, but also at static air pressure. There is no fan cooling from the front on my bike, so no incoming air through the intake like on some other dynos including his. Could still be negligible though.

·
ZX-10R enthusiast
6,556 Posts
So what is the hot ticket on velocity stacks for a Gen 4?

Not sure what you mean by that but I have a set of OEM Gen4 stacks for sale if anyone needs them. The CF ones were installed on my bike when it was stolen back in late June.

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
Not sure what you mean by that but I have a set of OEM Gen4 stacks for sale if anyone needs them. The CF ones were installed on my bike when it was stolen back in late June.
What I mean is --------------> Does anyone make a set of velocity stacks that are proven to make power over stock? Without me having to go back and read this and every other velocity stack thread on the topic? Just trying to save myself hours of reading..

·
Registered
2,805 Posts
What I mean is --------------> Does anyone make a set of velocity stacks that are proven to make power over stock? Without me having to go back and read this and every other velocity stack thread on the topic? Just trying to save myself hours of reading..
Did you not see this?
Well finally did my back to back test. Same day, same dyno, within 30 minutes. Picked up 4whp and have a similar graph that Boris had. Peak 180.15whp stock stacks.................peak 184.25whp with the motomaxx stacks.

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
Discussion Starter #497
^I am selling my bike, and my carbon velocity stacks are for sale if you want them. I am the one that did the back to back test.

481 - 500 of 501 Posts