Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
578 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Here is the new track bike all completed except number plates for wera. 2013 zx6r 636, non abs model. took it to the dyno yesterday. 121 rear wheel hp, torque peak 50. I have over 100 hours into it so far in the last 4 weeks, and haven't ridden it more than 100 feet from the garage to the trailer a few times.
hoping next week for decent weather for a shake down here, then off to Barber motorsprts park for the STT weekend in 2 weeks. if the stars line up, maybe the wera gnf at barber the following week. would be nice to have this sorted and do well down there. hey, a guy can dream cant he?

list of goodies...

spiegler lines and carbone Lorraine pads
Michelin power cups (may switch to Pirelli slicks)
vortex sprockets,
vortex clip ons, renthal grips, pazzo shorty levers
attack rear sets
dynojet pcV, and quick shifter
guhl reflashed ecu
driven clean air block off plates
hindle full race evo system
bmc race air filter
mobil 1 full syn oil, with k&n filter
motion pro rev2 quick turn throttle
gpr stabilizer
race tech front internals by Farrell performance
Jri rear triple clicker shock
armour bodies body work
oes frame, axle, and rear spool sliders
r&g tank slider
Pearl 3 stage white and Black Paint, By Steve, Mark, and Dan at Buege Buick
decals by drippen wet (chris Kruzel), and popshadow decals (Tea Pallela) (some oem as well)

I know I will forget some but, here goes....
big thanks to:
Dustin Boyd for all the question answers, guidance,
Jeff Taylor for putting up with my endless questions, and keeping me pointed in the right direction.
Aubrey and Brad at STG for getting me hooked up with most of the goodies, and endless quotes and changes to orders. you guys are the best!
Jason and Marr Farrell at Farrell Performace for the outstanding fork set up
Marcus McBain At jri shocks
Alison Hindle, at hindle performance
Kathleen and Noah at College bike shop
Robbie at Full throttle motorsports
Mary and Brad at Superbike Supply
teddy at apex mfg
huge thanks to Duane and Marty Hoffer at Hoffer Performance for the tuning/guidance/support, and after hours questions and answers, as always... above and beyond.

most of all I want to thank my wife Lynne, for the support and putting up with my crap, throughout all of this. without her support, I would not be much of a person on this earth. she make me a better person, and the world a much better place.

Ski

Attachments

·
Registered
241 Posts
Damn ski!! that's a beauty bro! good luck down at Barber! I don't see the gopro and I do want to see the video...so make sure you get a spot on there for it! LOL So.................. what you do with the goodies from the 636?

I'm putting the bikes up for winter you want to borrow my Brembo setup? It is fantastic!!!!!!!!!! I can mail it up there, if it will fit.

Boomer

·
Registered
578 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks Gene, I REALLY APPRECIATE THE OFFER. the new bike has the new nissin's, a lot better than the older stuff. I didn't have many spares for the green bike, what little I did have was promised to the new owner, who is an STT event person. believe it or not, the attack rear sets for the 05-06 work on the new bike. :D bonus for me. :D Ski

·
back to car scene
4,297 Posts
DAAAAAAAAAAAYUM

im sooo jealous man, thats gonna make a nasty track bike. hows the power on that bike??
im sure it handles like a dream!!!

·
Registered
1,938 Posts
That thing is straight titties man, beautiful.

·
Registered
636 Posts
Very nice! Looks amazing. I really like what ya did with it.

·
Registered
578 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
haven't rode it at the track yet. going to grattan in Michigan on Saturday for cold weather testing. then barber for final dial in with dave moss next weekend.

I did ride it around our 5 mile country block last night to make sure the quickshifter worked and just get a feel for it. it feels pretty good, lots of power for a 600 class bike. it is very twitchy so, it should turn well. :D I will give report after the two events.

looking forward to dialing it in. thanks for all the nice comments. means a lot to hear that from my peers. Ski

·
Registered
581 Posts
Sweet ride! I actually just bought a new 636 as well, just waiting for it to arrive. It's already setup for track (not brand new, but darn close). If you go to the GNFs, definitely swing by (Colin Gast #43). I'll be there with my 10R and the new bike Wed - Sat. for the GNFs.

·
Registered
578 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
the bike ran well, still needs some suspension tweaking... ran into a fuel cut on deceleration issue, affecting closed to open throttle, being too abrupt.

in areas of the track where the throttle is completely closed under hard braking, when I go to pick the throttle back up, it is like a light switch, it is not smooth. it is almost violent, very unnerving when at lean angles re-applying the throttle.

the ecu was reflashed by Guhl. I am wondering if they forgot to remove the fuel cut on deceleration, or if this can even be eliminated at all, on this model.

we saw it on the dyno, when you closed the throttle completely, the PCv would show zero value, like it was off, not getting signal from the injectors.

it really shows it's head on the track. I know some bikes electronics have this fuel cut, I just don't know if it can be fixed on this model or not. looking for input from my fellow tuners/racers. thanks in advance.

I coached novice to get a feel for the bike instead of going out and thrashing on it, with the chance to bin it on a cold day. it was 38 degrees in the am. brrrrr, glad I had traction control. :D

finally in the 3:20 session, I went out in advance turned the tc down to it's lowest, and went out and played. by the end of the session i was only 5 seconds a lap off my personal best. sounds like i was off a lot but, it was only 50 degrees out, new to me bike and set up, first fast session of the day (ok now I am making excuses). anyhooo the track was slick, and not a lot of grip.

there is a lot left in me to ride it but, I didn't want to throw it in the dumpster the first session I rode it. :D

hoping for more at barber. at least it will be warmer. Ski

·
Registered
241 Posts
Ski, glad you posted up was going to call and ask how the weekend was, happy you didn't throw it down in the bus stop like some OTHER PEOPLE have been known to do, first session second lap, cold track ect.....LOL! You call Kraft and see if he's got any info?

·
Registered
578 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I spoke with Don Guhl today. when I sent in my ecu a few weeks ago, I asked about removing the fuel cut on decal. it appears they did not have this option at that time but, since have found out how to do it on this model.

I was requested to send my ecu back for free updating. will update once I get the ecu back. I am not sending it in until we get back from barber, I am scared they might not get it back in time so, I do not want to miss this event. i will ride around the issue for one more weekend. Ski

1 - 20 of 34 Posts