Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Welcome to the forum thank you for dropping in. What plans you got for your 10 then.
Mild roll race setup. Standard mods, gen3 cams and tune.

just did a rear section tear down today removing fairings, servo and exhaust. Body work is alittle rough debating on replacing the fairings or trying to save them and possibly do a wrap.

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
'16 ZX-10R KRT
15,705 Posts
Welcome to the party! Nice to see another gen 2 alive and kickin'.

Off the grid

·
Registered
207 Posts
I have a 2013 Zx6r too. I think you will find that the Zx6r is gonna handle way better than the 1k. But it is fun to twist the throttle on the 1k. My Zx6r is untouchable in the tight canyons around Mulholland Hwy. Welcome. I don't come on here to often anymore. But.....I am at work. Nights are loooooong.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I have a 2013 Zx6r too. I think you will find that the Zx6r is gonna handle way better than the 1k. But it is fun to twist the throttle on the 1k. My Zx6r is untouchable in the tight canyons around Mulholland Hwy. Welcome. I don't come on here to often anymore. But.....I am at work. Nights are loooooong.
Well, it should. The ZX6R has what, 8 additional years in suspension development? I wonder how a Gen2 compares with modern suspension. On paper the Gen2 should be a canyon carver. Isn't it lighter than modern 600 and literbikes?

My 05 ZX6R had a wider steering angle compared to the Gen4. It did not like to tip in, which did not make it the greatest canyon carver machine. The Gen2 would have a similar geometry, wouldn't it? If I still had the bike, I would try raising the rear/dropping the front a bit and see if it fixes the donkey turn-in.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I only rode it once before I started tearing it down. One thing for sure the front brakes are terrible.

just ordered zx14 Nissin rotors
Gaffer lines
Nissin radial master cylinder.
From what I’ve read on the forum that seems to be the best budget friendly setup.

fhe chain had alittle surface rust so I’m swapping the sprockets to a 16/40 setup.

swing arm extensions and new chain.

deleting the rear rotor.

·
Registered
ZX10RR
395 Posts
Hi welcome to the forum !

On the 636, aint you worried the swingarm is going to hit the chasis? it looks so lowered

·
Registered
19 Posts
Welcome to the forum

Nice Gen 2, black ones are the best:p I love my Gen 2, best bike I've had so far. I wish you many happy miles and large smiles👍

1 - 13 of 13 Posts