Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just picked up a 2015 ZX10R with 2000km's.....barely run in! I am in love again....my last ZX10R was a 2006 model that I loved dearly. This new bike is awesome...and an animal. I love it and the full yoshi system sounds amazing. Getting to the point....fitting a ventura rack was quite a bit more involved than I first realised and a lot more time consuming than the manual might suggest - especially to do it properly the first time around. I should have taken photos throughout the install to help others....it has certainly been a prick of a job!! Dismantling the rear end is pretty tedious.....many bolts/allen head screws are a PITA to access and the electrical loom is perfectly placed to give you the sh#ts. It all worked out ok and is pretty awesome.....photos to come soon

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
UPDATE: For anyone thinking of fitting a Ventura rack to their 2015 ZX10R with integrated tail / indicator lights....

The fitting instructions describe the requirement to file the black plastic indicator housing. This is so the cross member can be inserted up through the lower tail cover......the cross member will not clear the indicator light housings if you do not file the indicator housing.

BE PREPARED TO REMOVE A SIGNIFICANT AMOUNT OF MATERIAL FROM THE INDICATOR HOUSINGS!!!! I was a little taken aback by just how much filing was required.....thankfully the Dremel made light work of it.

It is now fitted perfectly, is rock solid and I am very glad I took the effort to do the job properly!

I really should have taken progress photos to assist anyone attempting this.

Cheers

1 - 2 of 2 Posts