Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I just got my 05' 10R 3 days ago it has about 5400 miles. In great shape. Its just got some vibration noise somewhere in the front end and I'm curious as to if someone has had the same problem. Or if its just one of those things. Any help would be appreciated greatly. Thanks again

·
Dont mess wit White Ninja
5,932 Posts
10's having buzzing problems...I know with my 09 it was something under my gauge, like a bolt. I had to add a washer to two...Just check out the problem and you should find it...If not there's a million threads you can search threw if someone doesn't answer your question first...Welcome to the site....

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks man. I just came from a ZX6 so its a change for sure. Oh and it revs real high while it warms up ever heard anything like that?

·
Registered
106 Posts
how high is "real high"? shouldnt idle over 2k rpm for warm up, mine idles around 2k then drops to about 1200-1500 for warm idle....seems about right to me

·
Licensed Dist of HaterAde
11,423 Posts
On my 1st gen i just put some thin strips of foam tape between where the front fairings overlap and i never had the problem since....i have heard alot that it's the cluster on some years but on mine it was simply the fairings needed a little padding..that shit use to drive me nuts!!!

·
Licensed Dist of HaterAde
11,423 Posts
how high is "real high"? shouldnt idle over 2k rpm for warm up, mine idles around 2k then drops to about 1200-1500 for warm idle....seems about right to me
:+1: correct, it will start up and high idle then slowly come down to wherever you have the idle set at when the bikes warm which should be around 1,200rpm.
it's like an automatic choke which is grrrreat!!

·
Registered
499 Posts
On my 1st gen i just put some thin strips of foam tape between where the front fairings overlap and i never had the problem since....i have heard alot that it's the cluster on some years but on mine it was simply the fairings needed a little padding..that shit use to drive me nuts!!!
You need a full system playa!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts