Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Found a screaming deal from a friend on a replacement street bike for my GSXR (which got totaled when a guy made a blind, illegal, u-turn a couple months ago). Couldn't pass up the deal on the bike, not much done to it, but ECU flashed and autoblip put on it, so that saves a bit of $$ right there.

Was thinking I'd end up new (not too many uncrashed Gen 5 on the market yet), but wanted my street bike to be able to be a backup to my race bike if I need it. I'll slowly put this one together to match the race bike short of fairings, but it's "job" will be as my street ride.

Rather excited to get a street bike back - funny how even just a couple months off and I'm going a bit stir crazy. Won't be commuting on the bike much at all anymore (other than weekends), but sure is nice having the two wheel option here in the bay area....

Attachments

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
LOL, well, the first one is race only, so doesn't do me much good off the track. This one will stay in street trim. Not having a bike to ride the rest of the time has been driving me slightly batty. Plus, here in the bay area, having the option to get to other places in something other than a car is almost a need unless you have all the time in the world!

Was originally planning on waiting a few more months and picking another new one up through my sponsorship, but this came up and was just too good to pass up. May leave me enough money to pick up a "fun" little bike later this winter (dirt or something like the K125).

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm jealous! :p
I'm just glad Greg saw it and tagged me, otherwise the stupid facebook algorithms probably wouldn't have even shown me the post!

Funny thing is, I think I may have ridden this bike once as a passenger when I did a two-up with Ken Hill for a few laps around Sonoma last year....

·
Registered
865 Posts
I'm just glad Greg saw it and tagged me, otherwise the stupid facebook algorithms probably wouldn't have even shown me the post!

Funny thing is, I think I may have ridden this bike once as a passenger when I did a two-up with Ken Hill for a few laps around Sonoma last year....
If this was a Keigwins day then very likely yes :)

I like that bike, the ECU flash works real well now. Initially, it wasn't happy at all, as power delivery was very abrupt and everyone who had ridden it hated it for this reason. So Canfield was on the phone working on it with Chuck Graves it and I was his test rider for finding the best setting. I remember when it finally felt right, I was out doing laps and didn't want to come in :)

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

I like that bike, the ECU flash works real well now. Initially, it wasn't happy at all, as power delivery was very abrupt and everyone who had ridden it hated it for this reason. So Canfield was on the phone working on it with Chuck Graves it and I was his test rider for finding the best setting. I remember when it finally felt right, I was out doing laps and didn't want to come in :)
Definitely the same bike then, cause Canfield did the flash/autoblip on it...

·
Registered
2,112 Posts
Usually tuners get greedy on the power delivery, then the bike is a dyno beauty, and it the track a handful to ride fast...

happened to me on my gixxer, and a clients R1, on the street perfect since we ride pretty hard here, 130mph up, on the track was a bitch to ride the 185hp R1... had to go bellow stock delivery in A, then the bike was a missile in the short track we have here.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Took the better part of a can of spray polish, but got it cleaned up! Tires, integrated tail light, and license plate holder all ordered.

Rather excited to have a street bike again - been almost 3 months since I had one, miss the flexibility it provides.

Attachments

1 - 13 of 13 Posts