Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Of course you are faster
2,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, so maybe this is a step or.... 6 backwards... but I'm getting this for the kids. they need something fuel efficient at college.

Picked up a 2007 Ninja EX250R. Brought it home yesterday, need to get it titled, licensed and insured but it should be ready to roll by the time they get done with the MSF basic course.

of course, it would be worthless with out pix

seems to be right at home in the shop with the big brothers.

anyone who has owned one, let me know if there is anything to look for... you know, other then that bumble bee sound trying to get to 65mph

I'm going to put a 1/5th in her, maybe MotoGP shifting if the kids want that, needs a NRA sticker REALLY bad.

it was an interesting ride home, tried to get the chicken strips cleared but couldn't get it to go fast enough to hang out on a corner like she needed.

the girl I bought it from (yes a girl) is looking for a Yamaha YFZ600. If you know anyone who is selling one in the midwest, let me know, i'll pass it along

·
Gen2 Ripper
4,867 Posts
Cool man. Perfect college scooter. Maybe put a hidden kill switch somewhere because MC's and bicycles are stolen A LOT on campus.
Comp Werkes sells their low mount GP pipe for the 250R and sounds amazing. At least the kid can sound like he is doing over a buck.

·
BigCat for Prez!
7,229 Posts
I have a 99 YZF600R aka the Briggs and Stratton

Huge dick too :crackup:

·
Of course you are faster
2,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have a 99 YZF600R aka the Briggs and Stratton

Huge dick too :crackup:
that's what she said:lol:

you looking to sell, or just braggin?

·
BigCat for Prez!
7,229 Posts
Just a braggin lol cant sell my 1st bike

·
Chairman of the Board
16,037 Posts
Great purchase for them. Lots of fun, good seat time and great mileage!

Whatya got hidin under the blue cover anyway???

·
Servo's Eliminatus ;)
6,813 Posts
Nice, but.......

Why is there not a ZX10R in those pics ???? :heyyou: :lol:

·
Registered
230 Posts
Nice smokin joes cbr! I had one and loved it years ago. A cbr collector in England bought it and shipped it over there. I thought it was a joke until this guy shows up with an envelope full of $$$$. There is one still in town where I live in the crate. Hasn't even been pdi'd yet. Sorry for the mild thread jacking :badteeth:

·
Of course you are faster
2,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Great purchase for them. Lots of fun, good seat time and great mileage!

Whatya got hidin under the blue cover anyway???
A very sad 89 Suzuki 750 Katana... 60,ooo miles on it... I couldn't keep it running after that. pretty sure it needs a top end rebuild. I would b suprised if it had any compression on most of the cylinders. Air cooled 750 lead sled. Road it for 14 years, nearly every day to work in the summer... had 810 miles on it when I purchased it.

Hellrazor... got to wear out the TLR first... :wink: Plus I'm totally hooked on V-twins... the 10R is bad azz and will whip my butt, but I'm pretty old and slow so a 10 year old bike is just fine with me.... for now:badteeth:

Gumby, yes, the Smokin' Joe belongs to a guy who lives in St. Louis, He hangs at my house 3 nights a week as he works up here near chicago. You can't get those plastics unless you produce the title saying it's a smokin' joe edition.. He put the stuff on it that is on the stickers, Yosh pipe, dunfloped tires, AFAM chain and sprockets... he takes really good care of it, but from time to time... he gets the keys to the TL and puts a big ol grin on his face.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts